Cant install xbmc kodi on kali linux
i restarted the install process and chucked all strange sources the lucid sources and tried to install from beginning but still stuck on lucid
when i do this
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
team-xbmc/ppa
Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring --secret-keyring /tmp/tmp.L3TFUnns0V --trustdb-name /etc/apt//trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --primary-keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-squeeze-automatic.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-squeeze-stable.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-wheezy-automatic.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-wheezy-stable.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//kali-archive-keyring.gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys

this added in sources list
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu lucid main

so whats wrong? and dont start with wrong linuxdistro bcause not amused and not problem solving answer.
https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archiv...lter=lucid <- xbmc 11 (!) is the last version for your lucid OS ...

Your distro is outdated and out of support since 2 years!
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-01-24, 10:38)PCWhiz Wrote: i restarted the install process and chucked all strange sources the lucid sources and tried to install from beginning but still stuck on lucid
when i do this
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
team-xbmc/ppa
Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring --secret-keyring /tmp/tmp.L3TFUnns0V --trustdb-name /etc/apt//trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --primary-keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-squeeze-automatic.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-squeeze-stable.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-wheezy-automatic.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-wheezy-stable.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//kali-archive-keyring.gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys

this added in sources list
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu lucid main

so whats wrong? and dont start with wrong linuxdistro bcause not amused and not problem solving answer.

I guess you'll just have to remain unamused!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-01-24, 11:58)fritsch Wrote: https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archiv...lter=lucid <- xbmc 11 (!) is the last version for your lucid OS ...

Your distro is outdated and out of support since 2 years!

other source location maybe thats working so i can put in etc\apt\sourcelist
i tried to put a location but didnt accept error
You will have to build kodi yourself, assuming it will even build and run on such an old distro. Really, please run something more modern.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-01-24, 20:05)nickr Wrote: You will have to build kodi yourself, assuming it will even build and run on such an old distro. Really, please run something more modern.

which one U advise
ubuntu 14.04
doneb4 u answered and is working but the interface of ubuntu is ugly no menu uhandy launchpad ...btheway i installed ubuntu sidetracked with kali intact hdresized kali and ubuntu in 1 menu etc b4 i started the installer i removed the ssd windows else installer wants to install lilo on my ssd wich unconfy for deinstall later on only downsize if i need windows have to press the bootmenu startup device in laptop
the install procedure of kodi worked as in go only the first 2 syntax give me error the ppa add no problem and the install kodi worked like a sharm only found out to put the terminal window in the launchpad, the only way to startup and type kodi ;s cause the icons cant find or cant find kodi in the search window

ubuntu changed their desktop in 10 and hate it since...

is there a other solution of desktop before getting more frustrated in kali trying to install kodi XD

I was expecting more support of the development team for installing in kali...

but what i want to try it to compile but i am not a programming nerd

i even tried it on raspberrypi but that s*cksBigTiMe 96% cpu and wasnt playing anything just startup screen of xbmc
cubieboard2 with android xbmc runs fine in 4gb flashmem
lubuntu
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
PCWhiz please note that this forum usually asks that people type reasonably readable English sentences. There are no full stops in your post, no Capital Letters and your grammar is hard to understand. An ellipsis (...) is not a substitute for sentence structure.

But as fritsch says, there are variants of ubuntu that have different and quite minimal desktops. As well as lubuntu there is xubuntu, and kodibuntu to try.
and all those desktops can be installed on standard ubuntu as well. i.e. sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop #<-- XFCE4
(2015-01-27, 11:07)wsnipex Wrote: and all those desktops can be installed on standard ubuntu as well. i.e. sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop #<-- XFCE4

well i just follow install instructions to get the gnome desktop , which i know from different distro's
well installed in ubuntu but kodi is missing some features like,
1 in the volumeoptions ...No volumebutton and No volume amplifier
2 when press for subtitles nothing happens
3 soundcloud try to search no keys on keyboard and trying tp type is also disabled

whats the quick solution(s) for this type of errors?

...and the final problem is tried to hookup laptop with HDMI cable on TV...only what i see is the ubuntu desktop and no kodi and no sound on TV.
Be aware you set your settingslevel to 'expert'.

Dual monitor (laptop and tv) has to be setup in the os. You can try to switch the outputs in the video settings, but it might be, thas his doesnt work fine.

The soundcloud addon might be not working fine anymore. As you can see on the wiki its only supported for version 12 and 13 of XBMC. If you are running 14, it might be incompatible.

Always do things with confluence skin. Thats the only skin, which should be used to confirm issues. Some issues might be skin related as well
Are you trying to turn on subtitles in your playback file, or are you trying to download a subtitle from the internet for a file that lacks them?

Where are these "volumeoptions".

Have toy read TFM? http://kodi.wiki/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant install xbmc kodi on kali linux1