Stuttering Video on Revo 3700 with debug
Hi,

I've had video issues since day 1 with my Revo 3700 Ubuntu 12.04 and Frodo 12.3, where it stutters. It's not especially bad and usually only really noticeable of panning shots.

However I got a release that included a TRUE HD soundtrack on it, and it's un-watchable.

The movies are stored on a nas which pulls up over a LAN, but I've also tried it run it locally with the same result.

I've added screen shots of the settings and a debug log, if anyone can see what is wrong. I've read a lot of posts and tried to follow them but never solved it.

Debug.. http://pastebin.com/6aXJwPjU

Your system is pretty old....

I would upgrade to ubuntu 14.04. Frodo is outdated and not supported anymore. Please install at leat XBMC 13 Gotham or Kodi 14 Helix. Your NVidia driver is a bit old as well. I would look for newer drivers, too.

And if you did this, you dont need to enable VAAPI as you dont need it. VAAPI is for intel hardware. You are on NVidia and that uses VPDAU.

If you still got issues then, please provide a new logfile:

1. Enable debig logging
2. Reboot (so we can see anything at startup from XMBC/Kodi)
3. Reproduce your issue (dont do anything else)
4. Grab the logfile and provide it the way you already did

The logfile above is not a full debug log, because you enabled it during XBMC was alreasy running.
adjust display refresh rate = on! if your tv supports 24p

about your audio problems i dont know
Yes, you should upgrade! I have a Revo 3700 and it works with uncompressed BluRay rips just swell. The only setting that I have different from you is the same one neurosis13 pointed out (although the way you have it is just fine, too).

Well, I have the GUI sounds turned off, but that's because I find them annoying... Big Grin
Just remembered that I saw you're using SMB as your shares. I would use NFS instead. NFS is recommended for linux
Also try running kodi with out a compositor, such a compiz which comes with ubuntu (ie kodi in its own session).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering Video on Revo 3700 with debug0