Recorded TV displays like WMC
Has anyone figured out how to get the Recorded TV section of Kodi to function more like WMC? The problem that I have is that it's a pain to delete episodes after I watch them. And that's if I (or my wife) remember to delete them after they're watched.

Here is the way I currently go to watch Recorded TV:
* Go to Recorded TV
* Select a tv show from the list
* Select an episode to watch from the list
* Watch the show
* Open the Context Menu
* Click down five or six times to get to delete
* Confirm that I want to delete

What I'd like to see is more like WMC:
* Go to recordings
* Select a tv show from the list
* Select an episode to watch from the list
* Dialog box pops up with information on the show and the option to Play, Delete or Resume if the show is in progress
* Watch the show
* After watching (or if Stop is pressed), the same dialog box opens up with the option to Play/Delete/Resume
* Click on Delete
* Confirm that I want to delete

Is this possible? If not, how do people handle they're Recorded TV and deleting episodes after they watch? My ultimate goal is to make it easy to delete a recording after watching it so if anyone has a good solution, please let me know.
I never bother deleting anything after I watch it, even when I used wmc as my player. I just let the service delete things when it needs to. Is it just because of disk space that you feel like you need to delete it?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
It has a little bit to do with disk space but ultimately I just don't need to keep certain shows after I watch them. And if I don't need them, I'd rather not have those huge wtv files sitting there taking up space.

There are only a few shows that I'll watch live. Everything else is watched through recorded tv. When I first go into recorded tv, I get a list of all of the TV shows that I have recorded. If I've already watched everything for a show, I don't want to have to open it up just to find out that there is nothing new in there for me to watch. Also, it's one more show to scroll past in an already long list of shows.

What service are you using to delete things? If it's something that is triggered to delete after it's been watched, I'm not sure that would work for me as my family sometimes watch the same episode of a show at different times.
I'm similar in that I rarely watch live tv, except for sports. I can't recall my default setting for when shows get deleted, in general though I have it set to not keep more than seven episodes of a series, so that's probably the main rule that ends up deleting shows. Because my kids watch things at different times is the reason I almost never hand delete anything. I usually just go by the 'watched' icon in kodi to see the stuff I likely haven't watched yet. When you say you see a long list of shows, you do have the hierarchical menu turned on in swmc, right? With that on, I don't find the time it takes to get to what I want to watch a problem. You could also turn the hierarchy list off an order shows by date, then all the newest recordings will be at the top.

I think you know already that we don't control the user interface with our addon, you might get more help asking for user suggestions in the main pvr support forum (one level above this one) to see if their is a quicker way to navigate to delete, but the way you do it is the same way I do.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recorded TV displays like WMC0