Req Forced 3D UI Always?
Heart 
I'm not sure if this is a feature already, but is there a way to always forced a selected 3D UI always? I can go in the settings and choose 3D SBS, and it works great on my 3DTV. I start a movie, everything is still awesome. I stop the movie or it ends, BAM, the UI is back to standard. Or I close the program and relaunch it, and it's the standard 2D UI. I would like a setting to keep the UI always whatever you set it, or even a programmable hotkey to change the mode manually.
there is a setting to not exit 3D mode when a movie ends (see setting > video > playback). There are also actions available that you can bind to custom keys by creating a custom keymap. The only thing currently not possible is to start Kodi in 3D mode. It wouldn't be difficult to add, but it's not really a common use case. It would be possible though to do this via an add-on that's executed on startup.
@da-anda thank you for your response. I still haven't had time to try that. When I do, though, I'd also like to see about maybe setting a key to bring up the 3D options. I use MCE Remote add on now, and as of now, my * key does nothing. Would be nifty to have that bring up the 3D mode option so I could choose 2D UI, 3D SBS UI, or 3D OU UI. Is that possible?
I don't remember all the 3D related actions exposed to keymaps - you at least can switch between 2D and 3D which might be all you need in case you have the preferred 3D mode set to autodetection (it'll use SBS or OU depending on the movies format - so no need to do it manually).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forced 3D UI Always?0