How to share second hard drive through network kodibuntu
I have kodibuntu 14. my boot drive is 60gb ssd. I added a 2tb drive, i can see it on the system that's fine but what I'm trying to accomplish is making that 2tb drive accessible through the network so I can drag and drop videos music etc.. On to it . The only thing that is visible if i am looking at the system from another system is the standard Downloads, Movies,Music etc. Is (My 60gb ) boot drive. I have searched but have not found a definitive answer . any links explaining on how to share a file or folder other than the standard xbmc stuff would be great or any help at all would be great . thanks
Each drive which is installed locally will be mounted. In linux everything is a folder. So a hardrive will be mounted in a folder. Normally and iirc the mount point for Ubuntu is /dev/sdx (the"x" stands for the harddrive and can be 'a', 'b', 'c' ect...so for example 'sda' should be your ssd). So while you browse your kodibuntu folders look for this folders to access them.

You can make your hdd visible over the network using shares, too. For this you have to google for 'ubuntu nfs share' and read about how to configure it.

For finding the correct mount point, open a terminal and enter:

Code:
mount

Then all mount points are listed

Greetings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to share second hard drive through network kodibuntu0