• 8(current)
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE)
there is a fix available: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsofr3e9kuaow8...t.zip?dl=0
you need to copy the file into the addon folder.
(2015-02-21, 14:21)hoschi80 Wrote: there is a fix available: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsofr3e9kuaow8...t.zip?dl=0

Woo-Hoo!!! It works!! 1080p (HD) now in Amazon Prime Instant films using Adobe Flash.

Can't thank you enough!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hello Guys

I am in the uk and use netflix (just because it is easy to access US netflix on my ps4 and pc). However, I am now thinking seriously about making the switch back to amazon for the sole reason being this add-on

Can any fellow uk users, give me their thoughts on this add on

Thanks
HTPC
PC: Home Built
Processor: i7 6700k
GPU: GTX 980 ti
Ram: 16GB DDR4
XBMC: Kodi Jarvis
Skin: Aeon Badnox Beta

Great plugin, easy to install and setup. Unfortunately I'm in the US, so similar to others only about 1 in 10 videos work due to the swfVfy 2 issue. Any hope of that ever working?
So further research indicates that the issue is with rtmpdump not supporting "swfverification type 2". If I understand correctly, the plugin is functioning correctly and some US content won't play until rtmpdump does support verification type 2. Unfortunately it looks like that has been the case since 2011 when the latest version of rtmpdump was released. Bummer!
Still not working for certain videos in the US. So according to Zaphod, are we just out of luck then? Is there any way to be able to tell where the stream will come from before listing it in Kodi, so streams that won't work aren't listed?
There is nothing we can do until someone upgrades librtmp. At least this Add-on should work in the UK, Germany and Austria.

There is also a bug with non ASCII characters, but ASD has been offline for quite some time now...
I'm unable to add anything to my library, the context menu gives the option but the library folder including Movies and TV is not in my addon folder as per the instructions below.

You can add movies and single seasons to your kodi library via context menu.
Simply add this source: "Home folder"->userdata->addon_data->plugin.video.prime_instant->library->Movies/TV

Should this folder be created manually or automatically when you use the context menu, I know about adding sources but as the folder for source is not in my addon folder what do I need to do?
Seems like this add-on has been taken out of his repo?
Hi AddonScriptorDE - thanks for such an amazing plugin.

Using in the UK and it plays nicely on my Android box under XBMC (SBMC gotham from app store). I have seen it crash a couple of times when exiting a video and going to the menus, not sure if I spot a pattern. Playback on Android is much smoother than the Amazon app (which drops frames every few seconds)

One question - I found it in the SuperRepo - Is there any problem in using that Repo, should I install yours?
@AddonScriptorDE, great addon. As I am in Germany I have no troubles streaming all videos. I have one minor issue though. The option to add something to the database is only available on Films and on Seasons. I wanted to add the "Raumpatrouille Orion", which just has 1 season. The plugin (or amazon prime?) then skips the seasons view and jumps directly to the episodes. I tried to disable that (in the TV series database settings), but to no success.

Could you add an option to add the whole series to the database at the series level, or add a "Add this season" to the individual episode level?

Thx!
This is a great addon - thanks AddonScriptorDE.

My only comment would be that I don't seem to be able to change the view for each page as I would like - every time I try to change it to the views I like it defaults back again when I revisit the page.

I guess you are trying to set a certain look to the addon which I understand, however I think it would be better to set this as a default, but allow users to change as they desire.

Thanks

Andy
(2015-02-27, 18:08)OLDCell Wrote: I'm unable to add anything to my library, the context menu gives the option but the library folder including Movies and TV is not in my addon folder as per the instructions below.

You can add movies and single seasons to your kodi library via context menu.
Simply add this source: "Home folder"->userdata->addon_data->plugin.video.prime_instant->library->Movies/TV

Should this folder be created manually or automatically when you use the context menu, I know about adding sources but as the folder for source is not in my addon folder what do I need to do?

The are automatically created by the add on

HTPC

(2015-02-21, 14:21)hoschi80 Wrote: there is a fix available: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsofr3e9kuaow8...t.zip?dl=0

Just got round to installing the add on, when I did it came up with an option to use flash. Do I also still need to add this file ?

Thanks
HTPC

@Toineb: Yes, otherwise you won't have access to the videos since Kodi doesn't support Microsoft Silverlight. Then on your Amazon Prime account on the web you must select 'use Adobe Flash'. Mind that you will need to replace the default.py file in the add-on's installation folder so your movies can be streamed at the highest resolution available 1080p if you wanted (you can change this in the add-on settings).
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE)6