Linux Very bizarre issue - left navigation doesn't work in video library
Hi all, recently I've encountered a very bizarre issue. This just started happening out of the blue. For some reason when I'm browsing my video or TV show library the left navigation button on my remote does not work. I can scroll to the right, top or down but the left navigation capability is lost. The strange thing is that this only happens when I select either my Movies or TV show option from the main screen.

The left navigation works fine from the main screen, youtube, weather, system settings, programs, etc. It's really annoying when I'm navigating my movie showcase and I cannot scroll left!

I don't think this is an issue with my harmony remote or Linux otherwise I would expect the left navigation issue to be happening all the time. Even when I run 'irw' from the console I can clearly see that my IR commands are being sent and recognized by Linux.

I'm running Helix and I've tried rebooting the system but nothing so far has fixed the issue.

Another weird thing is that I have a remote BT Keyboard connected to the system and sure enough the left arrow on the keyboard works, so what is it with the left direction IR command not being responsive by Kodi and only when I'm in Movies or TV shows.

And another think to note too is that let's say I play a movie or TV show then the left navigation works again, but once I stop playback and go back to the library it stops working.

I'm at a complete loss here and don't know how to troubleshoot this further. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Very bizarre issue - left navigation doesn't work in video library0