Release WeMo Toggle
bumping ths
(2015-03-25, 03:25)jebise Wrote: bumping ths

I have not forgotten about the request. I have been busy with school and work; but I will attempt to look into it next week during my break.
i know you must be busy, did you get a chance to update your addon?
I was able to make the addon work with multiple WeMo switches by install the Add-on, the going to my Addon directory (.kodi/addons) and making a copy of service.wemo.toggle and named it service.wemo.togglea. Then I edited the following line in addon.xml from

<addon id="service.wemo.toggle" name="WeMo Toggle" version="1.0.2" provider-name="curti">

to

<addon id="service.wemo.togglea" name="WeMo Togglea" version="1.0.2" provider-name="curti">

Now I have 2 instances of the addon each with a different switche's IP and everything seems to be working fine so far. Both switches turn off when I start a video and they both turn on when I stop the video.
(2015-04-17, 03:15)jebise Wrote: i know you must be busy, did you get a chance to update your addon?

I apologize for the delay. This semester has been busier than expected with group projects. I am finishing up my finals this week, but I have work for a client that requires my attention before I can work on this. I will make an attempt to have something for you to test within a month if time allows.

(2015-05-10, 07:49)riyadc Wrote: I was able to make the addon work with multiple WeMo switches by install the Add-on, the going to my Addon directory (.kodi/addons) and making a copy of service.wemo.toggle and named it service.wemo.togglea. Then I edited the following line in addon.xml from

<addon id="service.wemo.toggle" name="WeMo Toggle" version="1.0.2" provider-name="curti">

to

<addon id="service.wemo.togglea" name="WeMo Togglea" version="1.0.2" provider-name="curti">

Now I have 2 instances of the addon each with a different switche's IP and everything seems to be working fine so far. Both switches turn off when I start a video and they both turn on when I stop the video.

Excellent.
(2015-02-22, 06:21)jebise Wrote: this is sweet and works perfectly, but can you update it to add more then one switch? I have 2 wemo switches in my media cabinet for the led lights and one for the celing light. I would love to be able to control multiple devices from kodi.

I have added the option to toggle secondary switches along with the primary switch. The option to enable this feature is under the Misc section in the add-on settings. Enable the setting and add the IP address of each addtional switch separating each IP address with a semicolon.

Example:
Code:
192.168.1.2;192.168.1.3;192.168.1.4

changelog:
Quote:
  • added option to toggle multiple switches under Misc category

Download: service.wemo.toggle_beta.zip

Note: I do not have multiple switches to test this new feature. Please report bugs/issues in this thread.
I am currently running the beta and here is what I have noticed - there seems to be a lag or the program can not do multiple actions - so one light turns off then the other one.

One thing that would be nice to have would be to know what is off or no before using kodi - for example if u have 2 wemo devices and one is off when you launch kodi play a video then stop they shouldn't both come back on, just the one that was on before.
Question: How does this function on the add-on Cinema Experience. Will the lights just simply stay on though the add-on then off when the main movie starts? I just don't want it to start turning off and on though trailers. Thanks
(2015-07-04, 10:53)vegeto9092 Wrote: I am currently running the beta and here is what I have noticed - there seems to be a lag or the program can not do multiple actions - so one light turns off then the other one.

One thing that would be nice to have would be to know what is off or no before using kodi - for example if u have 2 wemo devices and one is off when you launch kodi play a video then stop they shouldn't both come back on, just the one that was on before.

Currently the lag is expected. I may look into it to see if I can resolve the issue.

(2015-07-07, 17:02)b1gjohn99 Wrote: Question: How does this function on the add-on Cinema Experience. Will the lights just simply stay on though the add-on then off when the main movie starts? I just don't want it to start turning off and on though trailers. Thanks

I just checked and with the current implementation the lights will currently toggle off/on through trailers; but I can fix it. I could also add an option to only toggle the lights if the duration of the video currently playing is greater than a specified amount of seconds.
Thanks
let me know when you have this fixed thanks
(2015-07-09, 01:02)b1gjohn99 Wrote: let me know when you have this fixed thanks

It should work now. Please let me know if there are any issues.

changelog:
Quote:
  • added better handling for detecting movies and television shows

Download: service.wemo.toggle.zip
With 1.0.3 - My lights no longer turn on after watching a video. They will turn off but not on again.

Would it be possible to group the wemos together? I have noticed that the lights will turn off one at a time - theres an iOS app called Quickswitch and they recently sent an update which allows you to group items and so you can turn them all off or on at the same time.
I went back to the beta that was posted on 6/10 and now everything is working again - I don't know why but the one from 7/11 has issues for me. Here is another suggestion - would it be possible to have a feature where I can choose which lights come back on? I think this would be great when you go from video to video.

I have 3 light switch - living room, kitchen, and bedroom - usually at night I have them all on and so it's great having this tweak to turn them all off when I start a video but I would really like to have just my living room light to come back on after watching a video because mostly I tend to watch a few episodes in a row.

Thanks
(2015-07-12, 07:07)vegeto9092 Wrote: With 1.0.3 - My lights no longer turn on after watching a video. They will turn off but not on again.

Would it be possible to group the wemos together? I have noticed that the lights will turn off one at a time - theres an iOS app called Quickswitch and they recently sent an update which allows you to group items and so you can turn them all off or on at the same time.

I will have to look into this issue with the lights not turning on again but the change I made should not have affected it. The lag is still expected until I look into it further with a possible rewrite; but at the moment I still have only one switch so it is not a priority for me.

(2015-07-13, 10:28)vegeto9092 Wrote: I went back to the beta that was posted on 6/10 and now everything is working again - I don't know why but the one from 7/11 has issues for me. Here is another suggestion - would it be possible to have a feature where I can choose which lights come back on? I think this would be great when you go from video to video.

I have 3 light switch - living room, kitchen, and bedroom - usually at night I have them all on and so it's great having this tweak to turn them all off when I start a video but I would really like to have just my living room light to come back on after watching a video because mostly I tend to watch a few episodes in a row.

Thanks

This seems like a niche feature to me because if someone is in one of the other rooms the light(s) will go out with no warning. However, I could possibly add a toggle option to only turn on the primary switch after a video has finished.

No ETA though or what feature(s) I can/will add as I am working on other projects at the moment.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeMo Toggle0