Linux Need an Opinion
hello all and HAPPP BELATED NEW YEAR.
i could use anyone's opinion. i am new to xbmc i mean very new as new as a new born. here is my setup; i have a old Gateway NV59 with a Intel® Core™ i3 processor 330M (2.26GHz, 3MB L3 cache, 6GB DDR3 1066 MHz, 35W), Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD (Intel® GMA HD)8 with 128MB of dedicated system memory and a 500GB HDD. i am running OpenElec 5.0.0. on the backend on a desktop i am virtually running mythbuntu as mythtv backend with my HDHomerun Prime.

here is the issue:
when running my laptop after about two hours of watching TV or honestly watching anything the audio is always ahead of the video. when looking at the systems hardware i notice the cpu temp is at 197 degrees. i turn it off for about a 30 minutes and its back to normal. then after about 45 minutes it happens again. i dont know if its the temp of the cpu thats make this issues. also two out of the four threads are always up to 100%. all i am running on the laptop is openelec 5.0.0

Now if it is the tempurature would a laptop slip fan help or should i just get a Raspberry Pi B+. What are your thoughts?

one more question, Will i have this problem with a raspberry pi b+? i have a mythtv running as a backend with a hdhomerun prime and schedules direct so i can get my livetv. If I buy a RPB+ will i run into this issues. where the audio and the video are out of sync after 2 or 3 hours?
Hiya.
It could possibly be an add-on issue.
However in Kodi have you set:
(Expert Settings - toggle, bottom left to display all Options)

System > Settings > System > Video > Acceleration > Enable hardware acceleration if it is present

System > Settings > System > Video > Playback:
- Sync Playback to display - enable
- A/V sync to display > Video Clock (Resample audio)

System > Settings > System > Audio Output > Resample Quality > Low (fast) - to reduce CPU stress.

RPI:
With the nicely capable GPU in the RPi you get perfect 24p, 24Hz, 50, 59.94 and 60Hz sync, as the RPi can correctly refresh rate switch to sync correctly to a capable display. Smile
No audio sync issues. Everything just works !

You will also get good deinterlacing and VC-1 and mpeg2 (need to buy cheap as licence) too all running correctly.
Have a read in this thread for some informative info and tips....

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214742

Smile

thank you ill will try this when i get home

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need an Opinion0