Turn Lightpack on/off automatically
Im not sure if this should go here or in the add-ons section. If it needs moved please do so.

I just got a Lightpack kit and have it setup on my Win7 HTPC running KODI. My question is whats the easiest way to turn off the LEDs when I turn the TV off or if I switch to my Directv box (not running through the HTPC)? I thought if I set the power options to turn off the display that the LEDs would turn off but they dont seem to. What about an add-on that can detect that the screen has been idle for X amount of time and send a signal to turn off the LEDs? If i could program id look into doing this myself but Im not.

What are others doing with amblight setups?
Did you search for Master slave power socket? http://goo.gl/kPgXA7 (just fast search there are very cheap ones too) .I just set my LED light strip with cheap (10€) yesterday.
I find I don't use boblight all the time so I have a button on my remote to enable/disable/cycle through different modes using json-rpc. Are you using the boblight add-on?
I do not use boblight, I thought it was for Linux only.

EDIT: probably if I would have looked into it a little more I would have seen that its not only Linux. Im checking into this option now. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Turn Lightpack on/off automatically0