Android Streaming from web buffering is ridiculous!
I have an M8 android KitKat set-top box running Kodi xbmc. I've a 152 mb cable interet breakout (usually reporting 50-60 mb download speed) and the M8 is cabled to the router. The buffering from majority of streams is ridiculous, really, i can get better on my phone with a decent 3g connection.

I've switched to software accel etc but no better, are there any add-ons that can help here??
Yeah, use local content. Issue is the sources you are using
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
The problem is probably not on your side of the Internet connection. Having the fastest connection in the world doesn't mean the server you are connecting to will be as fast. There's no magic to it, no settings to change. Slow severs are just slow.
Okay, I'd sussed that its the source, just didn't know if there was anything out there that could manage the buffering a bit more balanced, caching a bigger chunk before starting sort of thing.

No probs, thanks for the replies..
(2015-01-25, 11:48)ElCappitan0 Wrote: Okay, I'd sussed that its the source, just didn't know if there was anything out there that could manage the buffering a bit more balanced, caching a bigger chunk before starting sort of thing.

No probs, thanks for the replies..
You could go the zero cache way if you're not meaning live streams.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming from web buffering is ridiculous!0