Problems filtering for titles in GetAlbums
Hello everybody,

I am a newbie to Kodi, so pardon me if my question is dump:

I am writing a client for an android tablet to search my music library. Kodi is running on an raspberry and obviously I am coding in Java.
I have troubles when searching for a title of a album. Probably I am doing something dumb here, so I hope you can give me an example

I try to execute the following request:

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AudioLibrary.GetAlbums", "params": {"properties": ["artist", "title"], "filter": {"field": "title", "operator": "contains", "value": "wish"}, "sort": { "order": "ascending", "method": "album", "ignorearticle": true } }, "id": "libAlbums"}

However when I try to execute this request I get the answer: "Received value does not match any of the union type definitions"

If I try to filter for an artist:

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AudioLibrary.GetAlbums", "params": {"properties": ["artist", "title"], "filter": {"field": "artist", "operator": "contains", "value": "purple"}, "sort": { "order": "ascending", "method": "album", "ignorearticle": true } }, "id": "libAlbums"}

everything works great, I get a list of all albums of Deep Purple. The only change here is that I use the field "artist" instead of "title". I also have tried the field "label", which does not work either. However, when I use the field "album" everything works as expected, so I can use the field "album" as a "workaround", but I am not sure if that's the way it is supposed to be.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Thanks for your answers,

Rudi
"album" is the correct field to use. And yes it's not exactly in line with how it works for video library items where "title" is always a valid field.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks for your confirmation.

Rudi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems filtering for titles in GetAlbums0