Any thoughts on a "JoyDB"-style site?
I'll probably make an opt-in setting called "Share controller layouts" (edit: or "Vote for controller layouts"). opt-in may collect less data, but the quality of the data might improve if people are consciously configuring their controller with sharing in mind. (I can't back this up with data, but it'd be interesting to do some A/B testing - have a random 10% chance of being opt-out and compare the opt-out data with the opt-in data)

Besides, it's in controller owners' advantages to share/vote for their layout. for rare controllers with no data, that's the only way to avoid re-configuring every console on every install!
(2015-01-26, 00:29)garbear Wrote: I'll probably make an opt-in setting called "Share controller layouts" (edit: or "Vote for controller layouts"). opt-in may collect less data, but the quality of the data might improve if people are consciously configuring their controller with sharing in mind. (I can't back this up with data, but it'd be interesting to do some A/B testing - have a random 10% chance of being opt-out and compare the opt-out data with the opt-in data)

Besides, it's in controller owners' advantages to share/vote for their layout. for rare controllers with no data, that's the only way to avoid re-configuring every console on every install!

Doing an experiment like that would be pretty easy when offering pre-merged beta builds. I can't imagine the team would get behind something like in core, but as long as they're just test builds offered in the forum threads or through openelec, I think there wouldn't be a problem at all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any thoughts on a "JoyDB"-style site?0