Icon based on playlist?
OK I've got another question that I was getting help for in a skin thread but neither of us have found a solution.

Is there a visibility string that will read a playlist for an included movie and then activate an on-screen icon based on that playlist, but at anytime you chose not just when you are viewing that playlist?

Example, I've been trying to add an Oscar statue icon to pop-up when a best picture winning film is highlighted in any view, and the list of BP winners is contained in a specific playlist.

Am I SOL on this?

Or.... is there a way to add custom info to a movie nfo file that you can then link to for the icon to pop-up? Could I add <oscar>true</oscar> in the nfo or something?
(2015-01-18, 09:43)C.Taylor Wrote: Is there a visibility string that will read a playlist for an included movie and then activate an on-screen icon based on that playlist, but at anytime you chose not just when you are viewing that playlist?
Not really. You can read the foldername and currentcontrol of the playlist or tag while in or on it. You could have a hidden list on screen that opens your playlist and read a single item from that. But it would not know if 1 of the 100 in the list had an oscar. And you can't see if an item belongs to a playlist in the normal library view (I think. Which would be a shortcoming).
(2015-01-18, 09:43)C.Taylor Wrote: Example, I've been trying to add an Oscar statue icon to pop-up when a best picture winning film is highlighted in any view, and the list of BP winners is contained in a specific playlist.
Adding the word .oscar to the file name could solve part of that (substring the filename). But it's heavy on the system it check your file every time instead of the DB.
(2015-01-18, 09:43)C.Taylor Wrote: Or.... is there a way to add custom info to a movie nfo file that you can then link to for the icon to pop-up? Could I add <oscar>true</oscar> in the nfo or something?
Kodi reads from the DB, and only info in the nfo that corresponds to a column in the DB can be used.
Maybe extendedinfo script has oscars, or can add it? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=160558
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Thank you for the reply. Basically what you are saying is no, it's not really possible via a playlist. That's a bummer. I'll play around with naming the files some more I guess. Hate to keep mucking up the filenames but then again it's only me who ever sees them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Icon based on playlist?0