• 2(current)
WIP Ace for Kodi 14 Helix
(2015-01-22, 15:41)Matthias030 Wrote: you already wrote some posts earlier that this bug was fixed, but with a clean install of your skin, I still got this problem.
I just did a clean installation (twice) and couldn't reproduce the problem. How did you install/copy my version to your kodi installation? Did you delete or uninstall the original version? Maybe you ended up with two Ace folders (skin.ace and skin.ace-master).
Just made a backup copy of my current profile and tried to reproduce this problem. I have no idea what has happened, but i'm not able to reproduce it. Everything is working fine now. Maybe I have mixed up something from old ace skin folder and yours... Sorry for any inconvenience, this is not a bug. your skin works perfectly!

Thank you for your great work with this skin. The fixed on-screen keyboard is a big help for all people out there, who can't live without this great Ace skin!

Matthias
(2015-01-22, 16:23)andbad Wrote:
(2015-01-22, 12:28)muCkk Wrote: I thought I fixed all views - well i was wrong. Here is a fix. Just replace the file skin.ace/720p/ViewsRightList.xml.

Thanks so much. This evening i will try.

By(t)e

Great! It's work perfectly!
Very very many thanks for you work and support for this beautyful skin.

By(t)e
Hello,

i have a problem to install the Skin. I became always this Answer: "skin can not load some files are missing"

Sorry for my bad english.

Greetings Rainer
(2015-01-23, 10:42)white-duck Wrote: "skin can not load some files are missing"
It's possible that you have a permission problem. Has the user that runs Kodi permission to write files in ~/.kodi/ (resp. %APPDATA%\kodi)? If you can't fix it try to generate a debug log.

(2015-01-23, 00:00)andbad Wrote: Very very many thanks for you work and support for this beautyful skin.
Thank you too Smile.
Big Grin 
@muCkk - You are awesome! BIG thanks!

I have two questions please -

A. Will we see ACE back in the repository? Or is the ZIP file the only option currently available? *After install, in the skins list, it says the skin is incompatible - not that I care though - it works anyway.

B. Does the ZIP file include the ViewsRightList.xml update?

Thanks.
Just want to say thank you very much for updating my favorite skin to work with Kodi!

One thing I have noticed is the text for the episode name is missing when I select Right List layout for episodes.

Example here... http://i.imgur.com/iiPCT7l.jpg
Kudos to muCkk for doing this!

Any chance that the PVR bits will be fixed?
As I really wanna continue running ACE, missing PVR support is the only thing keeping me from upgrading my main rig to Helix right now.

Br

Lengis
Thanks!

ACE is by far the best skin ever made Big Grin

//alvess
(2015-01-22, 12:28)muCkk Wrote:
(2015-01-21, 18:29)Mr. Zero Wrote:
  1. It appears that the context menu is missing from the Home Screens (Movie/TV).
  2. Though Cinema Experience is still bundled with the skin it is no longer availble through any of the context menus.
I'm not sure which context menus are meant. Right clicking on Movies in the home screen? Because there is no context menu in Gotham also. Cinema Experience is still available via movie information (right click a movie) --> Cinema Ex. It's the first time that I used this addon, so maybe there should be a shorter way? As far as I know you can also assign a button to start Cinema Experience.

ACE on Gotham (in OpenELEC at least) had a pop-up context menu when selecting a recently added Movie directly from the Movies home screen and pressing the menu button in Yatse remote or by right clicking with a mouse. The options to watch the trailer or start the movie in Cinema Experience were in the menu among other options. I selected these menu options from the Movies home screen frequently and hope the menu might be added back to the skin.
(2015-01-24, 00:30)KitFox Wrote: A. Will we see ACE back in the repository? Or is the ZIP file the only option currently available? *After install, in the skins list, it says the skin is incompatible - not that I care though - it works anyway.

B. Does the ZIP file include the ViewsRightList.xml update?
A: I already thought about that and sent MarcosQui a PM to ask for his plans with Ace.
B: Not yet, but with my next commit it will of course.

(2015-01-24, 03:46)brimur Wrote: One thing I have noticed is the text for the episode name is missing when I select Right List layout for episodes.
See this post (3rd quote).

(2015-01-24, 08:33)lengis Wrote: Any chance that the PVR bits will be fixed?
I don't use live TV myself, so it's hard for me to test changes, but I'll probably try once I have more time (~ 2 weeks).

(2015-01-24, 21:46)Mr. Zero Wrote: ACE on Gotham (in OpenELEC at least) had a pop-up context menu when selecting a recently added Movie directly from the Movies home screen and pressing the menu button in Yatse remote or by right clicking with a mouse. The options to watch the trailer or start the movie in Cinema Experience were in the menu among other options. I selected these menu options from the Movies home screen frequently and hope the menu might be added back to the skin.
Ah ok, I'll check that.
(2015-01-25, 16:18)muCkk Wrote:
(2015-01-24, 03:46)brimur Wrote: One thing I have noticed is the text for the episode name is missing when I select Right List layout for episodes.
See this post (3rd quote).

Brilliant. Thanks!
On the Home screen when I try to change the organisation of the episodes on the right TV/Movies WIDGET, say from Recently Added to In Progess I cant. Before I would select tv show, press RIGHT then UP and a yellow icon appeared next to RECENTLY ADDED. I would then press OK/Enter to change it to IN PROGRESS. When I do that now it goes into the Program Addons list.

Also I am currently not seeing anything under recently added. If I go back to confluence I can see things listed.

Thanks

Update: No issue after all, I just did not have Skin Widgets installed.
What's the current status of this? Has the skin author abandoned the skin, and porting it to Kodi 14 is being undertaken as a community effort? Or is the author still engaged in development?
MarcusQui created it originally and is still around but according to his posts he does not appear to be working on ACE anymore.

http://forum.kodi.tv/search.php?action=r...5eb9d9761e

muCkk has been good enough to port it to Kodi for us. I have it setup and it is working perfectly for me now.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ace for Kodi 14 Helix3