WIP Tube(Fork)
Tube(Fork)

This is a skin based on Mesoptiers brilliantly simplistic Tube skin. Visit the original thread here: [WIP] Tube

Mesoptier released some pre-alpha code in June last year and have since then paused his development. I was just too eager to use this beautiful skin and decided to implement the missing parts myself!

My derivation is going to be called Tube(Fork) and are not to be confused with Mesoptier's original work. Although Tube(Fork) will preserve the original style and minimalism of Mespotier’s Tube pre-alpha but enables far more use cases for the skin.

Github repository: https://github.com/simphax/skin.tube-fork

Direct download

Example of things that are added so far:
  • Dialogs and notifications
  • Customizable home menu items
  • Album Art view
  • Big list view
  • TV channel list
  • Alternative Video Info screen
  • Add-ons support
And counting!

Original:
watch gallery

Tube(Fork):
watch gallery

Things that are not implemented are amongst others:
  • Photos view
  • EPG Guide
  • Add-on settings screen
  • File browser
  • On-screen keyboard
Thanks now it will be easy to find your fork. Looking great!!!
Just a note: You're going to want to change the skin folder name as well the id in the addon.xml if you want to avoid conflicts with the other Tube skin.

EDIT: I'm not sure if you can use brackets so might also be a good idea to drop them.
(2015-01-19, 01:11)Hitcher Wrote: Just a note: You're going to want to change the skin folder name as well the id in the addon.xml if you want to avoid conflicts with the other Tube skin.

EDIT: I'm not sure if you can use brackets so might also be a good idea to drop them.

Done! It's called skin.tube-fork
You can now use saved favourites to set the paths for the Home screen items!
When playing music from the music screen if you pull up the controls and shift through the options they aren't being highlighted properly.
Thanks for continuing development, simphax!
I very love this skin (thanks to you and the original developer too) but there is a problem with the adjust sync setting for subtitles, when I click on it in the audio option, the window appears but seems it isn't in focus so I can't move the cursor so I can't adjust my subtitles to match with the audio of the episode/movie.
(2015-01-20, 18:08)bexem Wrote: I very love this skin (thanks to you and the original developer too) but there is a problem with the adjust sync setting for subtitles, when I click on it in the audio option, the window appears but seems it isn't in focus so I can't move the cursor so I can't adjust my subtitles to match with the audio of the episode/movie.

Fixed Big Grin

(2015-01-20, 03:27)bigpen15crew Wrote: When playing music from the music screen if you pull up the controls and shift through the options they aren't being highlighted properly.

Fixed Big Grin
Hi!

I'm loving this skin so far Big Grin!

If I may, I have a few remarks that could make this skin better in functionality if you of course have time to implement them Wink.

- Could there be an option for a bigger font? I'm now using this skin on a 40 inch tv that's a few feet away and sometimes it's difficult to read the text from plots or options text. I'm now resolving this by using a 8 % zoom, but not ideal of course Wink. Another way could be to make popups like options/context menu or subtitle search a little bigger

- Could the name of the selected item in the "Poster" view be shown at the top or bottom so you know which one you are selecting at the moment? I"m using the poster view with seasons from a TV Show and sometimes it's hard to derive a season based on a poster.

- And maybe something for down the road: disable the buttons in the bottom right corner at the home screen and just have them in the horizontal menu on the home screen, would make the skin even simpler + the icons are difficult to distinguish in my use case, where I'm sitting far from my TV screen.

Thanks for your work so far!
Any plans on adding something like the fanart in the background? Loving the work you did btw!
Nice work Smile
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Actually, I just noticed that the fanart is already displayed in the background... My screen was just so dimm and I didnt notice ^^

*edit: I tested the skin for a bit now and I only have one issue left. When scrolling through the library, movies and episodes are sorted in this kinda weird style like in my first picture. I think it would make more sense the way its sorted in the second one.
watch gallery
Maybe you could consider this for your next release! Again, great work!
Hello simphax

I just tested your skin version on kodi 15.0,all compliments from my side.
Everything is so simple and easy,and of course the skin has only 4.30MB

Nice work.

Best Regards
(2015-01-28, 16:42)arbl Wrote: Actually, I just noticed that the fanart is already displayed in the background... My screen was just so dimm and I didnt notice ^^

*edit: I tested the skin for a bit now and I only have one issue left. When scrolling through the library, movies and episodes are sorted in this kinda weird style like in my first picture. I think it would make more sense the way its sorted in the second one.
watch gallery
Maybe you could consider this for your next release! Again, great work!

How did you get the fan art to display without the gray overlay?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tube(Fork)4