Android Amazon Fire TV Files Stopped Playing
I am sure it's something I did wrong, overlooked, or generally stupid, but ever since we updated our router and internet, it seems that XBMC is not working.

Here is my log file after trying to play the video a few time, let me know if you can decipher what's wrong? http://pastebin.com/CysGa7Eh

I saw at one point something like "Mac Discovery Failed DROBO5N" but I can't for the life of me find anything in the forums here on that.

Thanks so much for your help here, really appreciated!
Bumpity Bump
I should mention I have tried deleting and cleaning the library, and then I was able to add the source but still the videos failed to play.

I also restarted all devices,but still having the same issue. Someone on another forum noticed that the connection to the Drobo seems to be timing out, but I am lost on what to change/update/look at to figure out what started causing that to happen.

Thanks for the help
paxskins..
I am having the same with Kodi quitting movies specially with 1080p mov files over local network. Someone mentioned in another forum to change the network buffer size in Advancedsettings.xml to a higher number. So, If do know how to get into your AFTV via SSH.. I use Cyberduck on my mac. then and go to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml and modify it. In case that there is not Advanced setting folder..then create one with text edit and save it as .mxl and move it to the location above mentioned.

here use this one.

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>104857600</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

I think that should solve our problem. I still yet to test mine since I don't have my AFTV at this moment.
Let me know if it works..

Hope that can help.. Good luck!
Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick 2nd Gen/ Kodi Krypton 17.6
Macbook Air 13" OSX High Sierra/Kodi Krypton 17.6

Skin: Konfluence by Schism
Testing AppleTV 4/Kodi Beta Alpha Testing
Thanks for the reply Macpatto, are you familiar with adb fire by any chance? or adb commands I could use to push this file to the fire tv? I could give this a whirl, but I don't have Kodi, but xbmc gotham, or more correctly (I think Wink ) I have gotham, not helix.
I believe if you are using the ADBFire program you can push the file to userdata folder that way. If you look closely to the right, there are options to push/pull/delete files. Just select userdata click on push and should be pushed.

Good luck!

(2015-01-21, 07:49)paxskins Wrote: Thanks for the reply Macpatto, are you familiar with adb fire by any chance? or adb commands I could use to push this file to the fire tv? I could give this a whirl, but I don't have Kodi, but xbmc gotham, or more correctly (I think Wink ) I have gotham, not helix.

1. adb kill-server
2. adb start-server
3. adb connect Fire-TV-IP-Address
4. adb push advancedsettings.xml /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata

This is assuming you put the xml file in the same directory with adb. Worked on my Fire TV.
(2015-01-21, 20:01)animeguru Wrote:
(2015-01-21, 07:49)paxskins Wrote: Thanks for the reply Macpatto, are you familiar with adb fire by any chance? or adb commands I could use to push this file to the fire tv? I could give this a whirl, but I don't have Kodi, but xbmc gotham, or more correctly (I think Wink ) I have gotham, not helix.

1. adb kill-server
2. adb start-server
3. adb connect Fire-TV-IP-Address
4. adb push advancedsettings.xml /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata

This is assuming you put the xml file in the same directory with adb. Worked on my Fire TV.

Thanks animeguru! Macpatto, I was unable to use the push/pull settings in adbfire, FYI, can't recall the error it was giving me but it wouldn't work, so needed the commands.

I will try this shortly.

Do you guys know if this inclusion of ".kodi" will work okay with Gotham 13.2?

Couldn't say; I'm running Helix. It's probably .xbmc for Gotham
Thanks, yes, makes sense. Will give it a whirl, however, this seems like a Helix fix, not Gotham.

Are you runing Helix on FTV? I wonder if I should just remove gotham and go that route, but not sure if it actually offers me any benefits.
Backup XBMC with Backup from programs or with ADBfire. Get Kodi Helix APK, install it and it will migrate everything to it. Delete your XBMC Gotham apk file with adbfire. In case that the migration goes wrong or missing some stuff, then your back up will come handy.
As far as benefits is that you'll be running the latest Kodi Helix.

Good luck!

Thanks guys, I went ahead and removed Gotham and got Helix, and everything seemed to be running better, but then all of a sudden, videos would play 15-30seconds, or not at all then stall and go back to the main menu.

So I tried to use the advanced settings.xml info you had above with "<cachemembuffersize>104857600</cachemembuffersize>" and it didn't help.

Any ideas?

Does the buffersize need to change? How can we troubleshoot?
Tried again, same problems :/
Here is my log file, I am also tapping onto another person's thread who is having similar problems, slightly different setup but similar issue on playback.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=416447

other thread for reference: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=217339

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV Files Stopped Playing1