Set the EPG timeline
Windows 7
Kodi Helix
nextPVR

How can I set the timeline in the EPG? Right now it shows three hours in half hour increments and I only want to see two

Thanks
[polite bump]
I think you have to open the file ViewsPVRGuide.xml in a text editor. Look for the section ID: 10 and under there the epggrid container. There should be an entry (this is for default confluence)

Code:
<timeblocks>40</timeblocks>

Change the 40 (I tried 26 seemed to work about what you want) and save.

File is in your kodi files addon folder (for confluence) or your user\addon folder (for addon skins) in the 720p folder of whatever skin you want to modify.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Thanks Scott
Exactly what I was looking for
Hmmm .. Okay, I got it to work with Confluence but my skin Metropolis-personal does not have a ViewsPVRGuide.xml file.. I tried copying over the one from Confluence but that didn't work.

Is there something else I need to do?
Ok I think I found your skin ("Metropolis (MacGyver's Personal Mod)" ver 993.0.8 from here:
https://github.com/MacGyverr/skin.metropolis-personal

For that one it is in the file MyPVRGuide.xml (this is the actual window file and for confluence it uses the "include" function to pull in the contents of that other file). Any way what you want is at line 31 in that file.

Whatever you do don't copy files between skins, that is a good formula for troubles.

scott s.
That did it... Thank you so much Scott

Now I'm off to figure out EPG genre color coding!
Thanks for this information, as it helped me out tremendously!!! I just have three more questions....

- Is there an easy way to change the number of channels displayed from 8 down to maybe 4?

- Is there a way to increase the font size of the show name?

- Is there a way to get rid of (or lighten) the ruler that shows how long into the program you're in? This is the vertical line that appears and the program being shaded, not the row up on top that has the date and time.

Thank you again for all of your help!
You'll have to find the epggrid container in the skin you are working on. You can change the height and font entries (AFAIK, the height of each item either the channel listing or the actual epg entries will simply be placed however many fit within the overall height you set for the epggrid container. So more or less if the height of each item is 40 then the container should be 160 (adjust for item vertical spacing) to get 4 showing at a time. Then you adjust your scrollbar height to match.) The font entries come from the file font.xml.

For the epg colors, I haven't played with it but it looks kind of obscure. From looking at it, if your pvr client sends "genres ids" to kodi (you might have to look at your epg8.db to see what is being stored) those seem to be converted to "genretype" and you can create a folder epg-genres with files like 08.png, 16.png with the colors you want. Alternatively instead of using $INFO[ListItem.Property(GenreType)].png it might be possible to use $INFO[ListItem.Genre].png. See this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=175642

scott s.

Thanks for the response. I found the epggrid container and in there I see a '<height>419</height>'. But then I also see a channellayout as well with heights.

I hate asking which ones to modify.....so is there really a good guide or document for the ViewsPVRGuide.xml for the Confluence skin? It seems like there's some documentation for skin modification, but it really doesn't do a great job describing what all the containers are.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set the EPG timeline0