XBMC kodi removed a crucial setting
Currently, ir remotes with QWERTY keyboards are not working properly, i.e. the abc keys are not working when connecting them to KEY_A, KEY_B, KEY_C etc. (the problem is described pretty long here and here).

There used to be a GUI setting "Remote control sends keyboard presses" and "<remoteaskeyboard>false</remoteaskeyboard>" in guisettings.xml which solve the issue (see here), however the option is removed from GUI, and when inserting it manually into guisettings.xml - it is deleted upon reboot.

Of course this is tightly connected to the t9/JumpSMS, which needs to be disabled (at least in virtual keyboard mode), so that the numbers keys will produce just numbers (more on this here).

I know that remoteaskeyboard is set by default to true for android. However, non android users need to be able to set this feature as well.
it shouldn't be necessary any longer. the keyboard was changed to have a normal input field. you should be able to navigate off this just fine with a remote now without the setting (or with a keyboard for that matter..)

if that doesn't work you are using an outdated skin.
Does not work on my CuBox with openelec. I have the remote set up to throw keyborad strokes and indeed it works perfectly in Openelec when testing... ""A" throws and "A" an so on. Every key throws the correct number or letter. However, when Kodi starts and I press the keys on the remote, Kodi reads them as T9. The number pad throws the appropriate letter for T9 and even if I hit the number several times, the letter changes to the expected result for T9.(so obviously Kodi knows the input is the number 1 but believes it should trow the T9 response for the number 1)

Play, stop, up, down and so on all work. But the numbers all throw letters and the letter keys throw noting. As if Kodi is ignoring any letter input and translates the numbers as letters. (The result your would expect if Kodi was in T9).

Also this behavior only happens when processed through the ir port on the CuBox..I have a Flirk that translates the ir codes from my remote to keystrokes through the USB and those register correctly. Almost as if Kodi registers input via the USB as "keyboard" and input via the ir as "T9 remote".

Also... I am testing on the Confluence skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC kodi removed a crucial setting0