Wasapi Default versus Wasapi HDMI Nvidia
Hi There,

My PC is under Windows 7 64 and uses a Nvidia GTX that can bitstream HD Audio. The Nvidia card is linked to both
- An asus monitor for normal PC work
- A yamaha receiver that can decode HD Audio and a Samsung TV for Kodi.

I was suddenly wondering if there was a difference in quality between using Wasapi defaut or the output called here Wasapi:HDMI Nvidia Samsung (for both music and pass through)... Is it actually the same thing?
I am using Kodi a lot for music and while tinkering a bit, It seems like Wasapi Nvidia Samsung output sounded better, but maybe that's just me after all, or a placebo effect ...

I think I have always used Wasapi default because with dual screens, I sometimes also launch Kodi on the asus monitor, and the output is then Wasapi: HDMI Asus, so Kodi changes automatically the options. And when on TV again it it switched to a wrong output. But if there is actually 2 different drivers / quality, I will think of a workaround.

I did a bit of searching on the forums but could not found a clear answer.
So many thanks in advance to those able to clarify Smile
default is the audio device configured as default in your windows sound settings. means if you configured HDMI Asus as default, it is exactly the same thing as using HDMI Asus directly.
Thanks for the quick answer.
Default windows sound is Asus Nvidia High Def Audio or Samsung Nvidia High Def Audio depending on the active display.
So I guess everything is just as it should be, and defaut is the smart Kodi option for picking the correct wasapi output whatever the situation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wasapi Default versus Wasapi HDMI Nvidia0