Change channel by typing channel number and enter
When I have guests over and they go to change the channel, often times they grab the remote and type in the channel they want. With my XBMC/KODI set up, this does nothing since I don't have the number buttons mapped in the key map.

Is there a way to map button presses (even keyboard number presses) to change to a PVR channel. Like, I would press "1", "9", "0", "Enter" and it would take me to Channel 190 on my PVR?

I've searched around a good deal this morning online and have found nothing. I see in the kodi.log that it calls out URL pvr://channels/tv/All Channels/125.pvr when changing channels. That particular channel number doesn't map to the true backend channel number, but it's something...
The number buttons should be in the keymap. Have you removed them or do they just not work? If so, can you post a debug log where you press some of the number buttons?
My system works exactly as you have requested - however my preference would be to disable this action.
My experience so far (being a noob) is that when playing a video or recorded TV program, pressing a sequence of keys and "left" or "right" enables a variable time seek. ie 3 + 3 + 0 + "right" is a 3 minute, 30 second seek. Yet pressing the same sequence on live TV tries to change channel to 330. This is inconsistent and negatively affects WAF.
IMO the variable seek should operate consistently across all media forms, live TV, recorded TV, videos, music etc.
Cheers
Changing channels using the number buttons is the default behavior in 100% of TVs and STBs, I doubt we can change that without someone complaining. If you want to you can modify the keymap to disable it.
I'm also facing the same problem. Able to change channel in laptop with numbers, but same is not working in TV - PVR client. I'm unable to change channel with numbers like channel No 6, 7 etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change channel by typing channel number and enter0