Solved Failed to rename files/nfo
I'm on Mac OS X and when I try to rename/cleanup files I'm getting the message "Failed to rename: Destination XXXXXX already exists" unless I add / remove one or more letters to the title.

Here are some situations in which the bug always happen:

When I just want to change some letters from small to capital on the movie title
When I just want to change sort title
When I just want to change film's movieset

Which happen to be most of the changes I usually do...

Please, any solution? Restarting TTM does nothing. The only way I see by now is adding one letter to the title of every movie I need to change, rename it and then remove that letter to see my files and folder change...

Thanks.
sorry, read the post again and found out that you already mentioned the movie rename..

I'll have a look at it
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
could you please send a bug report (Contact - send bug report) from within tmm after you tried to rename?
I cannot reproduce the issue here..
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
finally I found the problem:

Windows (NTFS) and OSX (HFS+) have a case insensitive filesystem (on OSX there is an option to make it case sensitive, but some users like you might have the case insensitive version).
This causes a check to fail, where e.g.

THE MATRIX.AVI equals The Matrix.avi and thus we do not rename.

the checks have been enhanced for the next version!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Failed to rename files/nfo0