Weird problem with music files
Greetings...I'm having a strange problem with some music files that I can't seem to fix. If I have the files in a folder named "random" all the track titles correctly appear, yet if I change the folder to the band name (as I have all of my albums organized this way) the track titles disappear and are listed as "Track 1", "Track 2", etc. with the EXACT same files remaining in the folder. What in the world?!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=396605

Thanks for any help!
iirc ther is some setting in the source setup, that is called "keep filename as trackname" or similar. Maybe this might help.

"Random" seems not to be a name which can be sraped....so the titles aren't changed.

Only a guess...dont blame me if I'm completely wrong. Wink
It can be any word, not just "random". Tried to move all music files to a new folder on the same hard drive to redo the library in case the original folder holding the music files was somehow corrupted,etc. but now I get the error: "Failed to move at least one file Operation was aborted". Never had that problem moving files before either...help please! Debug log attached.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=396750
Are you viewing in Files mode? If so, settings has a selection to choose to use tags rather than filenames in files view, and you may wish to change that setting. If your temporary folder is not a 'music source', than it probably would treat the files differently than after you move them into a music source directory.
Thanks...I do have 'enable tag reading' ticked and problem is in Files mode as well as Library mode. All of these problems seems to have started when I had a .cue file in the folder along with the music that I copied to the hard drive running Xbmc. However, even when I start over by deleting the files, then copy the files to xbmc without the .cue file, it doesn't show track names if in the originally named folder (in this case, "Pixies". However, if I copy files to a new folder named anything else (e.g. "Random") the track files show up. If I rename "Random" to "Pixies", track names disappear.

And now, as I noted above, I can't move my music files to another folder in an attempt to delete the music library and repopulate it. At a loss for what to do to fix this.
For the files/tag issue, you are probably overlooking some simple tagging issue. Check your tags with a good tag software & make sure cue files are correct or delete them if you don't need them. Make sure MBID tags aren't the cause.

For the files movement, as it appears you are using Ubuntu OS, you probably want to check permissions and such and first approach as an OS problem and not a KODI problem.

Hopefully you keep a backup of your music directory.
Thanks the tags are correct I confirmed with MP3tag. Just to be sure I erased the tags and then replaced them with all new tags via MP3tag-- still didn't fix the problem. Did anyone look at the debug log--is that helpful?
There was some discussion a while back about problems parsing information from cue files, so maybe that is where the problem started and the db is retaining that information for some reason??

The only thing I can tell from your debug log is that your taste in music is much like mine....... It does say it is moving files, so that appears to be working. You do have some add-ons that some here might consider as unsupported and possibly inviting problems...
It appears to me that files are being moved, but the library isn't being updated afterward.

scott s.
I have tried updating and cleaning the library. What about the "failed to move at least one file operation was aborted" error? Because I feel that if I could put my music files in a new folder it would possibly solve the database corruption issue and let me repopulate my library correctly...
You can just delete your musicdb file (or better rename with .old), and Kodi will simply create a new one when you re-scan. If you are starting from scratch, it is a good idea to do it as well.
I can try that but I have 3 files: MyMusic32.db, MyMusic46.db, and MyMusic48.db. Delete all 3?
(2015-01-21, 08:57)ArtVandalay7 Wrote: I can try that but I have 3 files: MyMusic32.db, MyMusic46.db, and MyMusic48.db. Delete all 3?

Yes, if you want to truly start from scratch delete all three (or rename as .old), the highest number is the most recent, the lower numbers are leftovers from previous versions/upgrades. Kodi will look for an old one and copy the contents into a new one when it restarts or starts a new music scan. So, if you just deleted 48, it would rebuild 48 from 46. You don't want to keep any of them because you moved all your files, so the original path references are no longer valid.
(2015-01-21, 05:39)ArtVandalay7 Wrote: I have tried updating and cleaning the library. What about the "failed to move at least one file operation was aborted" error? Because I feel that if I could put my music files in a new folder it would possibly solve the database corruption issue and let me repopulate my library correctly...

My post was in relation to your "track display" issue. Never use the Kodi file manager so can't comment on how that works.

scott s.
Will try it, thanks a bunch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird problem with music files1