Logitech dinovo mini media keys not working in Kodi
I was a happy man using Frodo and my Logitech dinovo mini. Everything worked. Then I decided to rehaul my HTPC, as it was working nonstop since 2011.

Installed Gotham in a brand new Ubuntu 14.10... Everything worked perfectly except I couldnt play VIDEO_TS folders anymore. I upgraded Gotham to Kodi then, and VIDEO_TS folders became playable again BUT... my Logitech dinovo mini media keys (top row, with start, stop, volume, etc) now are not recognized anymore by Kodi. The device is working perfectly, as I can use the media keys on any Ubuntu application, and to control Ubuntu mixer itself.

Can anybody point me the way to resolve this issue with Kodi, or do I need to go back to Frodo?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=88976

I'm not sure but this could be worth checking out.
Unfortunately it does not help. In debug mode, I was able to see Kodi is NOT recognizing any media keys except the record key:

20:46:49 T:2998323712 DEBUG: OnKey: record (0xf0c6) pressed, action is
20:46:53 T:2998323712 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x27, sym: 0x0073, unicode: 0x0073, modifier: 0x0

All the other media keys does NOT generate OnKey events.

This is a bug with Kodi: I uninstalled Kodi 14.0 and reinstalled XBMC 13.1, and now all keys are working again.

The problem with 13.1 is his inability to play VIDEO_TS folders. It crashes. I read somewhere that version 13.2 solves this problem.

How can I install XBMC 13.2 in Ubuntu 14? From the PPA I can only get 14.0, and from Ubuntu/Debian repositories I can find only 13.1.
UPDATE: I was able to install XBMC 13.2 from the repository for Ubuntu vivid (15.04). My logitech dinovo mini works flawlessy in this version. All media keys work. Unfortunately, this 13.2 version DOES NOT solve the VIDEO_TS crash problem.

So, what can I do to use Kodi 14.0 and get my Logitech dinovo mini fully working ?
this is weird. i have the same remote, and have not encountered this issue.
Huh
have you looked at your keyboard.xml file to make sure it is complete?
when you say you "upgraded", exactly what steps did you take to upgrade?
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
I've also run into the same issue over the last month, while testing various distros and install configs of Gotham and Helix. I've tested all variant installs on the same hardware.

Up to OpenElec 5.0, the DiNovo Mini media keys did NOT work. With OpenELEC 5.0, they all worked perfectly.

On XBMCLive (Gotham), they didn't work, nor do they on my latest test install of Helix over Mint(Rebecca). On-Windows installs (Win7 32 and 64), always worked perfectly.

I was about to try Kodibuntu and upgrade it to Helix and test. Has anyone done this already, to save me a step if unworkable?
Also, I was going to try the latest ubuntu desktop and install Kodi Helix. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
(2015-01-21, 06:08)locomot1f Wrote: this is weird. i have the same remote, and have not encountered this issue.
Huh
have you looked at your keyboard.xml file to make sure it is complete?
when you say you "upgraded", exactly what steps did you take to upgrade?

I built a new HTPC. The old one had XMBC Frodo on Ubuntu 11.something. The dinovo mini was worked flawlessy for years on it.

In the new HTPC, I installed Ubuntu 14.10, and installed XBMC from the official stable repository using
apt-get install xbmc xbmc-standalone
This command installed XMBC (Not Kodi) Gotham 13.1, which is currently the stable version on Ubuntu stable repositories. Everything worked fine, including all keys from my dinovo mini keyboard. The problem is: Gotham 13.1 doesnt play VIDEO_TS folders, which Frodo played pefectly well, with menus and everything. VIDEO_TS folders in 13.1 crashes XBMC immediately closing it. I decided to try Kodi, to see if this problem was solved on it.

Then I uninstalled XBMC 13.1, using:
apt-get purge xbmc xbmc-standalone
apt-get autoremove

And installed Kodi 14.0 using:
add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
apt-get update
apt-get install kodi kodi-audioencoder-* kodi-pvr-*

Kodi worked flawlessy, including playing VIDEO_TS folders as well as Frodo does. BUT my dinovo mini stopped to work correctly. The media keys doesnt work (volume, start, stop). The space bar doesnt play/pause while playing some media. But it works if you call the menu with the M key and then use space to activate the desired option. The volume keys show an animated icon with a bar which increases or decreases, but it doesnt affect Kodi volume, NOR affect Ubuntu volume underneath. But if I quit Kodi, those keys work perfectly well with Ubuntu volume.

Then I read somewhere XBMC 13.2 fixed the VIDEO_TS crash problem, and discoverd Ubuntu Vivid (future version) have XBMC 13.2 on its repository. Then I did the following:

apt-get purge kodi kodi-audioencoder-* kodi-pvr-*
apt-get autoremove
add-apt-repository --remove ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
grep '\sutopic\s' /etc/apt/sources.list | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/vivid.list
sed 's/utopic/vivid/g' -i /etc/apt/sources.list.d/vivid.list
apt-get update
apt-get install xbmc/vivid xbmc-standalone/vivid

With this I was able to install XBMC 13.2 from Vivid repositories, while maintaining my Ubuntu at 14.10. In XBMC 13.2, my dinovo mini got working flawlessy again, all keys working as before, everything perfect, BUT... VIDEO_TS folders started to crash XBMC again.

I then reverted back to Kodi 14.0 with:
apt-get purge xbmc/vivid xbmc-standalone/vivid
apt-get autoremove
rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/vivid.list
apt-get update
add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
apt-get update
apt-get install kodi kodi-audioencoder-* kodi-pvr-*

Now I can play VIDEO_TS folders again, but my dinovo mini media keys are dead while playing something. Not exactlly dead, they activate those animated icons overlayed on Kodi, but that doesnt change anything in Kodi, nor in uBuntu mixer.

I will check keyboard.xml, how can I be sure mine is complete ?

UPDATE: I checked my keyboard.xml, it is there, it seems complete (17856 bytes), does not look cropped or corrupted. But I dont have the knowledge to affirm it is complete/correct.

Can you post a copy of your working keyboard.xml somewhere online so I can download it and compare the files?
PROBLEM SOLVED, in my case at least (using Ubuntu 14.10).

This was a conflict between Kodi and Ubuntu keyboard shortcuts. Dont know why, but Gotham and Frodo ignored Ubuntu keyboard shortcuts, while Kodi does not ignore them. When there is a keyb shortcut for the keys on the remote, Kodi doesnt receive the onKey event for it.

It was just a matter of going to Ubuntu System Settings > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Sound and Media and disabling all shortcuts in that section. After that, all media keys on the Logitech dinovo mini started to work again in Kodi.
thanks Alfa60!!! - i was having exactly the same problem as you and i fixed it by disabling the media shortcuts in Ubuntu, as you mentioned

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech dinovo mini media keys not working in Kodi0