Maximum image count
I've requested this a few times before, but thought it worth one more request. Can we please have the maximum image per post increased? The six image limit gets very annoying when trying to create a large thread. See here for an example.

I know an imgur gallery could be used, but it's simply not the same as being able to embed a reasonable size image. Currently, the only way I'm able to do it is add a reply to the thread and then merge it with the first. This means I can't edit the first thread without removing the images and then doing the same... a tad annoying.

Cheers.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
I find huge posts with a lot of pictures very annoying.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Tip would be to add the Imgur upload feature (for imgur.com) that this MyBB based forum can support, checkout http://community.mybb.com/thread-134658.html

Kodi forum already supports displaying an Imgur gallery but you must create it yourself manually, see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=153707

Example:

watch gallery
I wouldn't mind if the max number of images was increased. While some situations can use an imgur album or should use a wiki page, there's still legitimate situations to put more than 6 images in a single forum post. It doesn't really stop a flood of images being loaded, as people just make two posts instead of one.

Plus, as Piers points out, if a user makes two posts quickly, one after the other, the forum software merges the two 6-image posts, then it creates one 12 image post. If the user needs to later edit/update that post, they can't until they remove images.

Maybe make it something that can be granted to users on a case-by-case basis to prevent overuse? I'm not sure if that can be done on a per-user level, as I've even hit the max limit before and I have mod access? (I have no idea what myBB options there are)
Disabling the automerge seems like an option as well.
Disabling the auto-merging of posts and increasing the maximum count to 12 would be helpful. There certainly are times where an album is more suitable, but equally there are times where a large image size is required.

This is just getting silly now, I wanted to remove the [WIP] tag from a post, I couldn't because I had to edit it and it has more than six images.

Can we please have this sorted out? Or even allocation for more images to user classes would be helpful. I'm not seeing how a six image limit is stopping spam or being remotely helpful.

Shameless, annoying, bump.

This is getting stupid now. Personally I'd rather do a multi-quote to reply to issues/questions in skins. More than six images in all those posts? Tough.

This means going through each one and replacing it with "IMAGE REMOVED DUE TO FORUM RESTRICTION." which is what I've been doing.

It should be done.
Next time keep in mind that we - like you - do not do this for a living and might have other priorities.

I'm not impressed with your attitude in the last few posts.
(2015-01-27, 17:35)Kib Wrote: It should be done.
Next time keep in mind that we - like you - do not do this for a living and might have other priorities.

I'm not impressed with your attitude in the last few posts.

I'm not impressed with it either. It's childish and there was no need. I can only offer an apology, which I hope you can accept.

Thanks Kib, this bugged me a few times as well.

A nice improvement
(2015-01-27, 20:35)Piers Wrote: I'm not impressed with it either. It's childish and there was no need. I can only offer an apology, which I hope you can accept.

Accepted. Consider it water under the bridge.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maximum image count0