VIDEO_TS files won't play from library
(2015-01-24, 10:54)steelman1991 Wrote: Glad you got it sorted - wouldn't touch any media managers with the proverbial 'barge pole' - IMO. Providing files are named correctly the internal scraper hasn't failed me yet.

Yeah, good advice. I only used it initially to get my folders renamed en masse. Now that all my existing folders are named properly, it's a non-issue.
(2015-01-24, 11:44)jjd-uk Wrote: Or if you are going to try a media manager, then create a test folder with copies of the different file types you have (only a sample so perhaps 1 of each file type), so you can confirm it's workings and how the changes & metadata interact with Kodi without anything touching the files in your main media storage.

Yeah, I probably should have known better than to blast my entire library all at once. Noted! Smile
Hey guys,

I'm sorry - did I miss the solution to this problem? I tried a few of your kind suggestions, but no luck so far - my DVD-copies on the Samba-Homeserver won't play when started from the MOVIES-menu; funnily the do play though when directly starting the VIDEO_TS.IFO file from the KODI VIDEOS-menu, so I can be sure KODI is able to play DVD-files generally.
The error messages in the log file (that I posted below) say that KODI couldn't find the VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP files in the MOVIE NAME/VIDEO_TS/ folder though they are definitely there.

Thanks!

---->VIDEO_TS
---->---->VIDEO_TS.IFO
---->---->VIDEO_TS.BUP
---->---->VTS_01_0.BUP
---->---->VTS_01_0.IFO
---->---->VTS_01_[n].VOB ...
19:46:12 T:2652 INFO: msg: opening target `smb://MediaHD/PUBLIC/Eigene DVDs/MOVIE NAME'
19:46:12 T:2652 DEBUG: msg:
19:46:12 T:2652 DEBUG: libdvdcss debug:
19:46:12 T:2652 DEBUG: using libc for access
19:46:12 T:2652 DEBUG: msg:
19:46:12 T:2652 INFO: msg: libdvdnavBig GrinVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
19:46:12 T:2652 INFO: msg: libdvdnavBig GrinVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
19:46:12 T:2652 DEBUG: libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
19:46:12 T:2652 DEBUG: libdvdnav: vm: failed to read VIDEO_TS.IFO
19:46:12 T:2652 ERROR: Error on dvdnav_open
19:46:12 T:2652 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [smb://MediaHD/PUBLIC/Eigene DVDs/MOVIE NAME/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO]
19:46:13 T:2652 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
19:46:13 T:2652 DEBUG: CApplication::OnPlayBackStopped: play state was 1, starting 1
19:46:13 T:2652 DEBUG: Thread DVDPlayer 2652 terminating
19:46:13 T:1524 DEBUG: CApplication::OnPlayBackStopped: play state was 3, starting 0
19:46:13 T:1524 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnStop from xbmc
19:46:13 T:1524 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 1, from xbmc, message OnStop
19:46:13 T:1524 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [smb://MediaHD/PUBLIC/Eigene DVDs/MOVIE NAME/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO]
19:46:13 T:1524 DEBUG: Playlist Player: one or more items failed to play... aborting playback
update:
downloaded and installed the newest Kodi (14.2): still the same problem.
It must be easily possible to solve this because:
- starting a DVD-copy from MOVIE-menu does not work - but
- starting the same DVD-copy from VIDEO-menu works without problem.

thanks!
Did you ever get an answer on this?
I am still having this problem on Jarvis....not really looking wanting to re-encode my library to workaround this issue, as Kodi obviously does support it...
(2015-01-20, 22:55)nefarious010 Wrote: So I was previously a My Movies user, and was looking for something a bit more not MCE based, and came across XMBC/Kodi. In My Movies, all my dvds were ripped with dvdfab into VIDEO_TS files (proper folder structure), and my blu-rays were done with dvdfab into stripped down ISOs.

When I first installed Kodi, it played my library from the get-go. I was amazed. Then I ran my library through Media Center Master, and suddenly, none of my DVDs play from the library anymore. I can play them directly if i navigate to the file, but from the library, I just get a quick flash of something in the lower left corner looking like it's trying to play, and i see a "(/)" something or another during that flash, but then it does nothing. I have started re-ripping all my DVDs to mkv files, but figured I would ask here to see if maybe I'm missing something before I put all this work in.

I'll provide any logs necessary when I get home, but hopefully there's a solution.

Thanks

(2016-05-27, 06:13)redec Wrote: I am still having this problem on Jarvis....not really looking wanting to re-encode my library to workaround this issue, as Kodi obviously does support it...

I just ran into this same issue and a nice member pointed me in the correct direction. I have 200 rips done by DVDFab and each folder name is the name of the movie. They reside on my Windows Home server and they are managed by MyMovies. I'm running Jarvis 16.1 on the Nvidia Shield. I did not change anything on my server files for this to work:

1. First critical step: You must go to Settings > Videos > File Lists > Combine Split Video Items and make sure it's selected. That causes Kodi to see the DVD structure as one movie object.

2. Videos > Files > Add Videos and for me I selected Browse to Windows Network SMB

3. Navigate to your video folder and you should see all your rips

4. My path reads: smb//myservername/videos/

5. You will see a screen where you select the scraper. I selected the Movie Database and yes to update or scrape whatever it says.

6. It's fast as snot as it scrapes the meta data

7. Done. You should see a new top level menu called movies

I hope this helps.

Smile

EDITED for clarity

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VIDEO_TS files won't play from library0