• 74(current)
Animated Movie Posters
@xbmcwood, exist one option for show posters and fanarts availaible, only need choose one and download happen, all via context menu, work great.

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2017-01-20, 13:45)Wanilton Wrote: @xbmcwood, exist one option for show posters and fanarts availaible, only need choose one and download happen, all via context menu, work great.

look my example for civil war. i know there is animated poster.. but in my menu it doesnt show up.

@xbmcwood, you need set image manually when this happen.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
I have a quick question about these animated movie posters. I built a new machine and am using the MQ7 skin now (I was using 5 I think). I also switched to Emby to handle media management. After doing that, I noticed that a good bit of my posters are now animated. I have no idea how they got that way, but I'd like to try and animate ones that aren't, provided there are posters available.

Does anyone know how I can use these through Emby? Maybe it's a better question to ask on the Emby forums.
The animated gifs are downloaded from the skin.helper.service. The skin need to support the new entry in the database. In the database you have a type 'poster' or 'animatedposter' or 'fanart' / 'animatedfanart'
If emby should support the animated gifs, emby needs to make these new types as additional entries in the database.
Hi,
I made this. It's my first project and I hope u like it and can use it.
Definitely we can use it! Great work!

Welcome to the club :-)
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
thx, I updated the gif. there was a not so nice black frame around it, which shouldn't have been there.

edit:
btw. from where does kodi and aeon mq 7 (i think it is 7) download the other gifs?
(2017-01-24, 11:07)Kor123 Wrote: thx, I updated the gif. there was a not so nice black frame around it, which shouldn't have been there.

edit:
btw. from where does kodi and aeon mq 7 (i think it is 7) download the other gifs?

The skin is using the add-on Skin Helper Service which downloads a database with the entries.
so what do i have to do, that the Skin helper finds my creations? I mean do i have to put the gif to a specific website or something?
(2017-01-24, 11:16)Kor123 Wrote: so what do i have to do, that the Skin helper finds my creations? I mean do i have to put the gif to a specific website or something?

I need to add it to the database. The skin helper service automatically picks it up if there's a match (imdb number) in your library. It will download it then.
Good work ! But it's much better if there is no other text than the title of the film.
(2017-01-23, 22:43)_Andy_ Wrote: The animated gifs are downloaded from the skin.helper.service. The skin need to support the new entry in the database. In the database you have a type 'poster' or 'animatedposter' or 'fanart' / 'animatedfanart'
If emby should support the animated gifs, emby needs to make these new types as additional entries in the database.

The more I look into this, the more I become confused. The poster in the Emby metadata manager is completely different than the one in Kodi. The one in Emby is static and the one in Kodi is animated.

Is there something that's over riding the metadata provided by Emby? I'm using the MQ7 skin.
I don't use any extern Media Manager but as i understand. Emby collects all information about a movie,tvshow in it's own database. If you export this for Kodi, Emby creates a .nfo for every movie,tvshow.
Kodi picks this nfo and shows this information. I guess Kodi use this as 'local information'

But if a skin uses skin.helper.service and the switch 'use animated fanart' is set, The skin itself looks if a type 'animatedposter', 'animatedfanart' exist and shows this information instead of the collected from emby.
I just stumbled upon this thread. Can't wait to get home and give this a shot. The "Titan Skin" I know uses the "skin helper service" plug in that you all keep referencing, so hopefully I should not run into any issues.

Ok, I'm trying to follow along here but I may be a bit daft. I've highlighted a movie I want to add an animated movie poster on. My first step was to hit the "I" key and search for a new movie poster in there. A bunch of movie posters come up but I don't specifically see anything for animated.

I then highlighted the same movie again and hit the "C" key, there is a selection for "Select Animated Artwork" but it's asking me to manually find one on my device, which I have none of.

I went back to the OP hoping there was some sort of "step by step" instructional post but I can't seem to find that either.

What is the exact process?
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Animated Movie Posters13