Buffering on iPad Air 2 when using PVR.
I'm having a bit of an issue getting the PVR functionality working on my iPad Air 2.

I recently purchased a HDHomeRun Prime and have it working with NextPVR on my main media server. I have a couple of instances of Kodi v14.0 installed on a few PC's and they all work flawlessly with the live tv. However, with the iPad, the live tv is un-watchable as it will buffer for a few seconds, play for a few seconds, then buffer for a few seconds...so on and so forth.

I turned on debugging and looked in the log file and I noticed lots of these errors:

Quote:17:17:34 T:64835584 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
17:17:35 T:319827968 WARNING: Previous line repeats 4 times.
17:17:35 T:319827968 DEBUG: audio stream stalled. start buffering

I searched these errors and the consensus always seemed to point to a networking / bandwidth issue, but I know that is not the case here as my entire network is gigabit, and I have wireless AC to the iPad.

1) I can stream full blu-ray rips with out issues to the iPad.
2) If I record a show using the PVR, I can then play it back to the iPad without buffering.
3) If I add the HDHomeRun Prime as a UPnP device in the iPad, the live tv streams just fine.
4) Just for the heck of it, I installed Kodi on my work laptop, and the live tv worked with out issue as well over the wifi.

So I think its safe to say that the issue is not networking / bandwidth related.

I've tried playing around with some of the cache settings in the advancedsettings.xml, but nothing seems to help. Here is what I have currently:

Code:
<network>
        <cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
</network>
<pvr>
        <minaudiocachelevel>20</minaudiocachelevel>
</pvr>
The only thing the <minaudiocachelevel> did was cause Kodi to buffer for longer, which then resulted in equally longer playback time before it had to buffer all over again. None of the other settings (which I got as an example from the Wiki) seemed to make any difference.

If anyone has any idea where to look next, I'm all ears. I've uploaded a debug log to Pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/1bze39qU

Thanks in advanced!
Surely I can't be the only one to try and use the PVR on an iPad. No one has any ideas?
i do it everyday without issues on ipad2 and ipad mini retina.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Any ideas as to what would cause the issue I described above?

Or perhaps you could share with me how you've got yours configured and I could try that out myself to see if I have the same success?

Thanks.
tv-headend backend - kodi - activated pvr client for tvheadend (and configured it with ip, user and password). Thats the minimal setup that works for me.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Okay, so I managed to get Windows Media Center to work on one of my other computers (for some reason it won't work on my main Media Server but that's another issue). I installed and configured ServerWMC and enabled the add-on in the iPad.

No buffering issues what so ever. Hmmm...

So the issue is either with the NextPVR software itself, or the Kodi add-on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering on iPad Air 2 when using PVR.0