External players opening twice but only for Movies
If I open a movie via either the default Movies menu option or via a smart playlist it launches MPC-HC twice and freezes. Tv shows open fine, no matter the size. Similarly if I open the same movies via a video node or the Video menu they open only one instance of MPC-HC and play fine. Tried a full re-install of Gotham and Kodi and the problem persists in both

Playercorefactory file is as follows

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PAPlayer" audio="true" />
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /play /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
<playcountminimumtime>600</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|m2ts|mts|ts|avi|mp4|xvid" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
(2015-01-21, 21:11)Uthred Wrote: If I open a movie via either the default Movies menu option or via a smart playlist it launches MPC-HC twice and freezes. Tv shows open fine, no matter the size. Similarly if I open the same movies via a video node or the Video menu they open only one instance of MPC-HC and play fine. Tried a full re-install of Gotham and Kodi and the problem persists in both

Playercorefactory file is as follows

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

What are the extra red bits for?
(2015-01-22, 11:56)k4sh1n Wrote: <playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

What are the extra red bits for?

The first red bit is so that Kodi uses the internal player for audio files, the second is to pass arguments to MPC-HC, specifically to insure it runs in fullscreen, plays and closes when done.
Correct me if I'm wrong...
Isn't the audio defaulted to the Kodi player unless the filetypes are specified? Unless you include for example mp3 or wav in the rules it uses the Kodi player.

Also the arguments strings seems moot.
MPC-HC player is configurable from its own options menu to play video files in fullscreen when started. Also mapped the same media keys to MPC as what Kodi uses so when the external player is launched controls remain the same>backward>forward>play>pause>stop closes player, etc.

Unsure if the extra bits in your .xml is causing the issue?

Possibly post a debug log and see what is happening when you play a movie.
(2015-01-23, 02:19)k4sh1n Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong...
Isn't the audio defaulted to the Kodi player unless the filetypes are specified? Unless you include for example mp3 or wav in the rules it uses the Kodi player.

Also the arguments strings seems moot.
MPC-HC player is configurable from its own options menu to play video files in fullscreen when started. Also mapped the same media keys to MPC as what Kodi uses so when the external player is launched controls remain the same>backward>forward>play>pause>stop closes player, etc.

Unsure if the extra bits in your .xml is causing the issue?

Possibly post a debug log and see what is happening when you play a movie.

Honestly probably been years since I updated my playercore file, looks like you are indeed correct, I removed the extraneous lines. Unfortunately the issues continues, i.e. when I try and launch a movie from a smartlist or the default movie option it launches two copies of mpc-hc, which lock up and force a reboot. No issues playing the same file via a video node and no isses playing tv shows (no matter the actual file size) via smartlist or the default option. Uploaded a debug log here - http://pastebin.com/nEya9Rzc

Cant make much sense of it myself though the line

15:47:17 T:3092 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe" "\\MACH1\Media 1 - Films\Films\Back to the Future (1985)\Back to the Future.mp4"

is possibly the culprit?
Just a few things I noticed in your log file:

MPC is running as a x86 application, try the x64 version (your OS is 64 bit)
Your running 13.2 Gotham in portable mode, while I doubt this has any bearing on the problem try using Helix 14.1 installed on another computer without portable mode, no advanced settings .xml and having the movie file setup as local source instead of networked, and debug again.

Would like to isolate if its the .xml, MPC version, network issues, computer, or kodi/xbmc causing the issue.

Can you also post a copy of your playercorefactory.xml (file), would like to test against my setup.

Just snooping on my part, any reason you use MPC over default players inside Kodi (please don't say madvr/unless u happen to use a 4K TV)?

As far as this:

Quote:15:47:17 T:3092 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe" "\\MACH1\Media 1 - Films\Films\Back to the Future (1985)\Back to the Future.mp4"

Seems to be normal, launches mpc from programs, then shoves in .mp4 from network.
I just embedded MPV in Kodi and saw the same behaviour. Videos are started twice, but only when spawned from a favourite

When I spawn MPV directly from a Retrospect livestream it only runs once, but via the favourite it spawns twice.

If I rename mpv between the two spawn-actions the spawning process can't find it and gives up. In the process-overview there is some sh - process that spawns MPV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External players opening twice but only for Movies0