Win Running Kodi in Xbox one- windows 10
now that windows have announced a new OS for Xbox One will i be able to run Kodi in that console or must it be jail broken first?
None of us works at Microsoft. We don't know.
i know that Mr. Thomas...thanks for the reply though.
I guess what most are wondering is, with Windows 10 landing on One, in some shape and form, and with the universal apps now seemingly working on both platforms ... How probable does it seem we will ever get Kodi on the One?
Ask Microsoft. They're the gate keepers.
Snide comment aside, I was really being serious. To my knowledge nobody has installed Windows 10. And nobody has looked into whatever the coding requirements are for being on the Xbox One. And nobody has spoken to anybody from microsoft on the subject. So nobody knows whether and to what extent it'll be easy to port from Windows 10 to the Xbox One. Sometimes these things are simple and sometimes they aren't. A year or so ago lots of apps were fairly easily ported to Windows Phone from Android, but because our app is so much more complex than your typical Android app, it wasn't possible to go the easy road on that.

Basically, if it's simply a matter of running the exe on the Xbox One, it's probably a no brainer. But beyond that, we just don't have any idea.
no way msft is going to allow running random exe (xbe) files on the one. it's a walled garden. it's gonna be javascript-type apps, and maybe limited c#/xna stuff, highly moderated through an app store. pretty much like the "homebrew" support on the 360.
many years ago on xbox-scene i read a tutorial of how to modify a hello-world.exe to an .xbe portable executable using open-xdk for the original xbox-1 (which I believe was essentially windows 2000).
maybe recompiling the windows version with an xboxstartup() entry point is all that is needed.
I think in the past it required a modded xbox to run compiled programs. unless something changed where microsoft now allows users to load and run their own programs on the new xbox-1 ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Running Kodi in Xbox one- windows 100