Kodi hangs if "Library Server" is not detected on the network?
I have my Kodi media system setup like this:

http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL

What I've noticed is that you have to turn on your Kodi "library server" first and make sure that it's connected to the network BEFORE turning on any client machines...otherwise, Kodi on the client machines will hang:

The machine in the center of this image is what I'm referring to as the "library server." It's the machine where you have mySQL installed.

Is there any way to make Kodi on the client machine not hang?

Sometimes, we watch streaming video and don't need the "library server" to be on.
Streaming add ons, at least YouTube I know for sure, ALSO use the MySQL Video database. o.o
Technically it doesn't hang. it waits till it times out (which is a while).

What you could do is use profiles, one that accesses the mySQL server. While the other profile accesses the local database (even if its empty).
(2015-01-22, 00:47)helta Wrote: Technically it doesn't hang. it waits till it times out (which is a while).

What you could do is use profiles, one that accesses the mySQL server. While the other profile accesses the local database (even if its empty).

But will it still hang until you can go in and change the profile?
Not to my knowledge, it should be the first thing that pops up. So if you chose your mySQL profile, it would then load your advancedsettings.xml that points to your mySQL server.
(2015-01-22, 02:09)helta Wrote: Not to my knowledge, it should be the first thing that pops up. So if you chose your mySQL profile, it would then load your advancedsettings.xml that points to your mySQL server.

Okay, so I just tested this theory and it still does hang on the screen that has the KODI logo. Sad

UPDATE:

Okay, I got it working.

So, it seems to hang if the last profile that was logged on used a network mySQL database. However, if the last profile that was logged on used a local mySQL database, then it does not hang on the KODI screen.

Also, when it does hang, it really is just waiting or something because after a LONG time, it finally gets past the KODI screen and into the program.

It's kind of a messy way to do things but it's better than nothing!

Thank you!
(2015-01-22, 05:10)NeoDuck Wrote: It's kind of a messy way to do things but it's better than nothing!

The clean way involves actually running the networked database 24/7. ^^;;;;
(2015-01-22, 05:28)DJ_Izumi Wrote:
(2015-01-22, 05:10)NeoDuck Wrote: It's kind of a messy way to do things but it's better than nothing!

The clean way involves actually running the networked database 24/7. ^^;;;;

But, I'm trying to create a green home media system! Cool
Why don't you use kodis built in ability to send wake on lan packets when it needs to accessdata on a remote server. Or use something like a pi to store the db - a pi could use less power than a suspended PC which will pull a few watts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi hangs if "Library Server" is not detected on the network?0