Need a different Tv Box, GBox sucks.
Im using Gbox mx2 at the moment. It just seems very unstable to me.

Every time I turn it on something else seems to go wrong. Kodi Just went apeshit on me.. Had to uninstall and reinstall..

all sorts of weird things happened, nothing would play as far as videos, then the screen went blank whenever
I went to the system/settings section.

Are there any other better hardware or tv boxes for running Kodi than Gbox mx2 that are fairly simple to use?

I just want something simple that works properly.
What do you guys recommend??
I Initially liked Gbox mx2 because it was easy, pretty much ready to go , but after using it for a while, I just think its performance sucks.
Well, if you have not done so already, try and convert your g-box to the OpenELEC operating system instead of the stock android: http://matricom.net/install-openelec-xbmc-g-box-mx2/
Funny, I was just going to ask about OpenElec to see if it was any better than Android.

It seems androids boxes are not quite stable maybe?
I'll install openElec and see how it goes.

So basically last night my Kodi pretty much stoppped working, crashed, had to factory restore gbox then re-install kodi
Which for some weird reason Gbox is not properly reading any of my SD cards or USB's which im trying to install Kodi from,
Any idea why? is this a common problem?

Also, when starting Kodi last night when it kept crashing, it would say "Preparing For First Run" Every time i started it,
Why would it do that ? especially when it was definately NOT my first run of the kodi program

I also had that problem when updating my firmware to 1.2 on Gbox, It wouldnt read my SD cards or USB.

I'm sorta new to all this stuff so bear with me, I may sound like i dont know what the hell is going on half the time lol.
Thanks though
tried to install OpenElec but Gbox is not reading the SD card I was trying to install it from for some odd reason..
SD card just shows up empty even though files are on it.
I have two of these running Openelec. They aren't the fastest but they are pretty stable. Much better than the firmware from Matricom. If I remember right you need to downgrade your firmware to 1.6 before you flash Openelec.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need a different Tv Box, GBox sucks.0