I thought Kodi could be a PVR too, no?
Greetings,

I'm brand new to Kodi/XBMC. I've been thinking about moving from WMC to Kodi.

I heard that Kodi/XBMC could now record TV. The way I understood it, I thought if I installed Kodi on a Windows 7 PC, that it could not only play back my media files (videos), but would also be able to record TV. Is this not a correct assumption?

I've looked at the documentation and in the forums and they all refer to installing a backend server on another PC.

I want the backend AND the frontend on the same machine. Do I need to install more software (in addition to Kodi) in order to accomplish this?

Thanks,
- Bob
The backend software can be on the same machine. You can even use WMC. Kodi doesn't do any recording itself and simply interfaces with the PVR backend software.
you can have the backend on the same pc, no problem.
please note that the PC running the backend also needs some sort of DVB source (tuner, IP-TV, SAT>IP, ...)
You are better off sticking with WMC and use Kodi for videos. Live TV does not work nearly good as it does in WMC.
I would suggest trying out with ServerWMC and NextPVR with their respective addons for Kodi.

ServerWMC because its simple if you already use WMC, and NextPVR because its better.
(2015-01-23, 08:46)rasstar Wrote: You are better off sticking with WMC and use Kodi for videos. Live TV does not work nearly good as it does in WMC.

I disagree - I use DVBViewer and the integration with Kodi is perfect (apart from a small EPG data problem). Recording and timeshift both work as they should.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
It is much slower than wmc and if you have a cable card premium channels do not work
my guess is that it is due to bugs in the code you submitted ;P

cable cards do not work cause they are locked down things with encryption and shit. not much to do unless you hack the thing afaik. slowness is probably due to the ffmpeg asf/wtv demuxer - properitary formats suck Sad
read http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I thought Kodi could be a PVR too, no?0