Always show clock
Hi,

I use OpenELEC on my PC connected to TV (sat replacement). I like the default Confluence skin but my family requires a small change: to show current time while playing LiveTV (generally in all windows). My simple change is to copy the clock from OSD window to Fullsceen window. It works but...

It is quite hard to manage this change because it has to be redone after every upgrade of OpenELEC. Therefore I am wondering if anybody else would like an option built in the skin (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ttings.xml) which would toggle whether to show the time during playback.
This would help me but obviously extending the skin because of a single user is not justifiable.
The "simple" solution is to not modify the default skin. Instead, make a copy of the folder and put it in your user data directory with the other addons. Rename the folder to something like skin.confluence.mymod and then go into the addon.xml file and change the name there as well. Then switch to that skin in Kodi and your good to go. Upgrades to Kodi won't reset the skin mods.
Thanks pkscout. Yes, it seems to be a good idea, except I would get stuck at the version of confluence skin I coppied. I could automatize this process somehow and luckily the skin doesn't change so often. I will go this way if Kodi community is not interested in extending Confluence skin itself.
I wanted to know if there are other users like me before creating a pull request on Github.
(2015-01-23, 10:14)juriad Wrote: Thanks pkscout. Yes, it seems to be a good idea, except I would get stuck at the version of confluence skin I coppied. I could automatize this process somehow and luckily the skin doesn't change so often. I will go this way if Kodi community is not interested in extending Confluence skin itself.
I wanted to know if there are other users like me before creating a pull request on Github.

I like this idea very much. I just posted a thread wanting to always show severe weather alerts rss info If there is a similar simple fix for that, that would be great.
(2015-01-23, 09:55)pkscout Wrote: The "simple" solution is to not modify the default skin. Instead, make a copy of the folder and put it in your user data directory with the other addons. Rename the folder to something like skin.confluence.mymod and then go into the addon.xml file and change the name there as well. Then switch to that skin in Kodi and your good to go. Upgrades to Kodi won't reset the skin mods.

I am running Kodi Isengard on Xubuntu 15.10. The directory structure seems to be different.

It looks like confluence is in this foler -- but I am much less than certain, lol:

/home/randyb/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/resources/skins/Default/

If I would like to try this, I am guessing I would need to copy the entire Default folder and mod the contents. Is that correct?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Always show clock0