Setting up Kodi 14.0
Hi,

I'm quite new to Kodi and I would like to set up a media center based on it. I've already tried Kodi before but I wasn't satisfied with the way it worked for me, mainly music playback. But I love the TV and PVR functionality it offers. I believe I'm not able to configure Kodi properly so I would welcome some advices.

I've successfully installed and configured TVheadend and at least TV works now. But I'm not able to sort the channels. I do a change, save it , click OK and when I check it again, it is sorted just like before. How can I manually sort the channels?

Next issue is adding directories with music, movies, TV series, photos etc. How should I do it properly? I don't know where can I do it. I found it once in the past but now I can not find it anymore.

Regarding music, I store my ratings and play counts in file tags. It seems that Kodi can not read them. Is it true? I know that it is complicated because in MP3 there are multiple ways to store the information and every player (foobar2000, Winamp, WMP, MediaMonkey) does it differently. If it is not implemented I could help with it since I have a C++ code that deals with music file tags. Or the code can be taken from Clementine music player. I suppose you also use taglib for tag reading.

I just found this in wiki and it should work as I expected. It just doesn't seem to work for me. :-(

The last issue I have with Kodi is playing the music itself. How can I for example play all music tagged with genre "Rock"? I can browse it and add the tracks to a playlist one by one but I haven't found the possibility to add all of them to a playback queue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up Kodi 14.00