Newly added TV Series not scraped/added to library
My setup:
- Server wich holds all the mediafiles and shares them through NFS and SMB.
- OpenELEC (Gotham) 4.2.1 XBMC 'client'

Everything was working fine until last week. I noticed that a newly added TV series was not showing up in the library overview. In this case it was the series '12 Monkeys'. It 's simple ignored. The TV show is added like this:

Code:
TVShows\
    12.Monkeys\
        Season 01\
            12.Monkeys.S01E01.HDTV.mkv

Removing the nfo files that where created by SickRage made no difference.
The file is accessible when in Files mode (I can just play it), but the tv show and this episode just don't show up (no, it doesn't have 'watched' status).

When I checked the logfile, this is what is showing:
Code:
21:09:31 T:139772009879296  NOTICE: Thread VideoInfoScanner start, auto delete: false
21:09:31 T:139772009879296  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
21:09:32 T:139772009879296 WARNING: No information found for item 'nfs://192.168.1.4/TV/12.Monkeys/Season 01/', it won't be added to the library.
[....]
21:09:54 T:139772009879296  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:22

Yesterday I added another TV show through SickRageTV - The Musketeers (BBC) - with a complete first season and a few season 2 episodes. Same story: nothing is scraped and the library view doesn't show this TV show at all.

New episodes of previously added TV shows show up just fine...

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Added logfile
I saw another thread recently which identified a problem with series name starting with digits. Maybe a look around the forum will find it.

If you have BBC in the other series name, it is wrong. Tvdb names it simply The Musketeers.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the suggestions. The 'starting with numbers' thing crossed my mind, but since I also have a TV Show called '24' with the directory containing only numbers (24) and eposide files all starting with numbers, I didn't try changing it.
After renaming the show directory to 'Twelve Monkeys' and the episode file too, the log entry is gone, but still nothing is shown in library view.
So, I renamed it back to the original names with a space in it and although the log message is still gone (no mention of skipping this directory as it did first with a dot in the name), the TV show still is not added to the library. Same goes for the 'The Musketeers' TV show.

BTW, The Musketeers show is named/structured as follows:
Code:
TVShows\
   The Musketeers\
        Season 01\
            The Musketeers.S01Exx.720p.BluRay.mkv
So, no BBC or year in the name, but still it is not recognized by the scraper, even though these directories contain NFO files that where created by SickRage from TVDB entries. And yes, I also tried without these NFO files.

This is the content of tvshow.nfo:
Code:
<tvshow>
  <title>12 Monkeys</title>
  <rating>4.5</rating>
  <year>2015</year>
  <plot>The show follows the journey of a time traveler, Cole [...] second chances.</plot>
  <episodeguide>
    <url>http://thetvdb.com/api/F9C450E78D99172E/series/272644/all/en.zip</url>
  </episodeguide>
  <episodeguideurl>http://thetvdb.com/api/F9C450E78D99172E/series/272644/all/en.zip</episodeguideurl>
  <mpaa>TV-14</mpaa>
  <id>272644</id>
  <indexer>1</indexer>
  <genre>Science-Fiction</genre>
  <premiered>2015-01-16</premiered>
  <studio>Syfy</studio>
  <actor>
    <name />
    <role />
    <thumb />
  </actor>
  [...]
  <actor>
    <name />
    <role />
    <thumb />
  </actor>
</tvshow>

And this is in the episode nfo (named the same as the mkv file):
Code:
<episodedetails>
  <title>Pilot</title>
  <showtitle>12 Monkeys</showtitle>
  <season>1</season>
  <episode>1</episode>
  <uniqueid>4961780</uniqueid>
  <aired>2015-01-16</aired>
  <plot>27 years after a virus wipes out most of [...] the outbreak.</plot>
  <runtime>46</runtime>
  <displayseason />
  <displayepisode />
  <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/272644/4961780.jpg</thumb>
  <watched>false</watched>
  <credits>Terry Matalas|Travis Fickett</credits>
  <director>Jon Cassar</director>
  <rating>7.5</rating>
</episodedetails>

Some additional details:
In debugging mode there is no additional information in the logfile that relates to these TV shows.
I checked the MySQL database but it contains no entry related to this TV Show.
All files have R/W access for the XBMC (sorry, KODI) box through NFS.

No idea where to look next... Is there any way to add these TV shows 'manually' to the KODI library?
can you please let us see the complete logfile while scraping those files.

It´s hard to tell without any log and the snippet above don´t tell much. If you are in need of the naming flags in the filename...they can also be in the patch. I never had a tv show missing. But I don´t have any flags in my filenames. I suppose, you have working files with those flags in them. So I don´t expect, that this is the issue. But I would remove those flags...just for testing. Or maybe put them into the folder name:

Code:
TVShows\
   The Musketeers\
        Season 01\
            S01Exx.mkv

Also the TV-Show name, don´t have to be in the filename. Unneccessary info Wink. It´s in the path already. Keep your files named simple as possible.

And maybe I´m completely wrong...but this looks a bit strange to me:

tvshow.nfo:
Quote: <displayseason />
<displayepisode />

I would change it to:

Quote: <displayseason></displayseason>
<displayepisode></displayepisode>

to end those tags.

Same for the "episode".nfo for the 'name', 'role' and 'thumb' tag

If everything fails....remove the source, clean the library and readd the source. If you have nfos in there, it wouldn´t take that much time

Greetings
Forget the bloody nfos, name properly and all is usually well.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for your great suggestions.

(2015-01-23, 09:13)David1977 Wrote: If everything fails....remove the source, clean the library and readd the source. If you have nfos in there, it wouldn´t take that much time

Starting from scratch is a little bit 'involved' since I use (for quite some time now) a multi userprofile, multi device setup with a central MySQL database that share all data except for the watched and progress status of a show/movie -- through additional views/tables. It would not be too big a deal if the Trakt.tv API's where working right now so I could restore the watched status (I did an export/import more than a year ago with watched status but that didn't work out too well in my setup). But the Trakt.tv website is going through a major rewrite with completely different API's.

I did try your suggestion of stripping all the unnecessary text from the filenames (just keep S01Exx.mkv). But no difference either. I checked the logfile (with debug enabled), but there is nothing in there that even hints at an error or issue related to these missing shows. It simple does not scan these show directories without a word (it reports on all other directories that they are skipped because nothing changed).

A file access issues would be the most logical conclusion, but since I can just play the episiode if I browse to it in File Mode and mounting the NFS share manually on the KODI box works just fine with all files having the exact same access rights as the 'troubled ones'.

So. I suppose I wil turn my attention to the MySQL database now. Even though I am not aware of any change in the last few months...

(2015-01-23, 10:08)nickr Wrote: Forget the bloody nfos, name properly and all is usually well.

I already tried scraping without the NFO files, but that made no difference. And up until now I NEVER had an issue with adding TV Shows. I have about 50 shows in the library that were recognized just fine and I always use the same naming conventions (driven from SickBeard/SickRage, CouchPotato and SABnzd).

Somehow, something has changed. But I cannot figure out what since there is no error/warning reported anywhere in the logfiles...
And the complete logfile with debugging enable for the curious ones ;o)

http://pastebin.com/ahM9eZve
yes....that´s why the logffile is important... In the first posting, you did´t say anything about that you are using MySQL.

Unfortunately I can´t help with MySQL. Maybe others are able to.

Sorry
MySQL shouldn't make a difference, but I can't read the log easily on my tablet. will take a look later on my laptop.

But first check that your source hasn't magically list it's settings. Navigate to it via 'files ', context menu, edit. Make sure it is still set to tv series with a scraper set.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newly added TV Series not scraped/added to library0