Overwriting external subtitles
Hi everyone
I'm faced with a serious issue here. My typical movie folder looks like this: movie itself in mkv with booth english and polish subtitles inside the container all properly labeled, external english subtitles in srt, external polish subtitles in srt, nfo with some basic info about the movie, poster and fanart jpegs (2 to be exact).
I watch movies with english subs. My father watches movies in with polish subs. I just want Kodi to look inside some preference and always display polish subs, unless no subs exist.

Where can I find this preference and what should I set it for?
I know there's the "set as default for all videos" but it works only if I tell it to disable subs by default. Anything else and it plays the movie with first external subtitle track (so english, because alphabet, E comes before P).
Help. Please Sad
Just rename the Polish srt files to the same name as that of movie. Example - The Grand Budapest Hotel.mkv and The Grand Budapest Hotel.srt. This will always display the polish subtitle.
I know that would fix it but it's not a clean solution. Besides, far too much work. My library is rather large.
I was going to suggest changing the default flags on the subtitle files using the Header Editor in mkvmerge GUI but that would involve fixing every file as well.
Yeah, not an option. Any idea why "set as default" not working? And why is kodi prioritizing external subs (unidentified) over internal, tagged with language that's set as preferred? Just seems dumb.
Nevermind, I found a solution. Installed Language Preference Manager (currently not in official repo), set it up, and then did the "set as default for all". Works like a charm

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Overwriting external subtitles0