Clarification Needed – Kodi Database on MySQL
Bringing back the dead.

I have been running XBMC/Kodi on a HTPC/Server for several years. I also have been using my iPad to watch in bed occasionally. I have up until yesterday kept both devices scraping as I could not get MySQL working for the life of me.

Now the way it stands, is:
Win7 box - 8TB storage AND primary Kodi box - Server for ALL media in house, has MySQL db now
iPad - headunit for kodi using smb share
Net-book - Headunit for audio streaming only in office.

Originally as set up, the kodi box sources were D:\, E:\, F:\, G:\. The iPad was smb://192.168.0.2/Films, /TV_Shows, /Music, /Work_Outs, whatever.

I exported the library as individual files on the primary kodi machine as it was the most up to date and the stronger of the 2 to do the work.

Once I got the SQL database to talk with kodi deleted my sources and added them back in as smb://bla-bla-bla.

They would not scan and my library would not fill in. I could view the data and watch the content but I had no library.

Once I deleted these and restored back to D:\ etc, the library started being re-populated.

The iPad also started re populating its library around this time.

Now I have duplicate films and the fan art for my music is all the same band.

The films when inspected give me 2 listings like so:
The 39 Steps
The 39 Steps

The first I can bring up the context menu and find movie information and view its location as D:\ ...
The second listing has no movie information and it is not available on the context menu. If it is selected it immediately begins playing.

I am assuming it is because of my D:\ and smb:// issues where the same file and library entry has 2 locations looking for it.

How do I change my sources to be smb:// AND have them talk to the SQL db on my primary kodi box? If I delete the sources and replace them with smb:// I lose my library again.

Thanks in advance.
Ok to keep this clean and simple this is a couple part answer:

Source not Populating

Ensure you have: http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Upgrading

and

1. Did you just upgrade to 15? If so, your DB may be corrupted. the EASIEST way to do this - use your MYSQL command line.

a. SHOW DATABASES; (yes use the semi-colon)
then after it shows you your pretty DB box. Delete the KODI DB

a. DROP DATABASE kodi_database; ( http://kodi.wiki/view/Databases/Versions delete the isengard numbered ones)

then restart Kodi. All should be well. You may have lost your episode status. depending on what you have done.

As to your duality issues

1. You have two sources populating MYSQL. I.e. Client A is set up with video source and then feeding MYSQ and Client B is the same.

You should only have 1 client with added sources (Video, music) for MYSQ and the rest read from MYSQL via advancedsettings.xml
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clarification Needed – Kodi Database on MySQL0