Solved Menu label highlighting, random lyrics, QuickNav
(2015-01-25, 07:58)Piers Wrote: Just tested again based on the above - pressing M works as intended in that screen - you can use the quicknav to control media as well as press backspace to close it. I'm really not seeing what the issue is. Maybe the skin doesn't work as you would like it to?

Maybe we're using different versions? As said, when I press 'M' with lyrics on the screen, it does open both OSD + QuickNav and indeed I can close it again by pressing 'Backspace' twice. The first keypress only closes OSD and leaves the QuickNav open (BTW, pressing 'M' twice works, too). But the strange thing is that 'Left' / 'Right' goes to the OSD and not QuickNav and also 'Up' / 'Down' doesn't work. That's why I'm questioning why QuickNav gets opened there at all. I'm not sure wether the behaviour is intentional as it is, at least I don't like it and to me it also doesn't make sense.

(2015-01-25, 11:04)eskay993 Wrote: stylon , just a thought. I have no experience with playing audio with lyrics, and I never use quicknav or the M key, but presumably you could edit your keymap file so that M launches OSD. I'm guessing that would/should override any skin setting and stop it launching QuickNav and only launch OSD. Would that work?

That would work for me, I guess. So, what's the Action ID of QuickNav? I tried to look for 'Quick', but can't find anything in the official list on the Kodi Wiki: http://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap.
(2015-01-25, 15:34)stylon Wrote:
(2015-01-25, 11:04)eskay993 Wrote: stylon , just a thought. I have no experience with playing audio with lyrics, and I never use quicknav or the M key, but presumably you could edit your keymap file so that M launches OSD. I'm guessing that would/should override any skin setting and stop it launching QuickNav and only launch OSD. Would that work?

That would work for me, I guess. So, what's the Action ID of QuickNav? I tried to look for 'Quick', but can't find anything in the official list on the Kodi Wiki: http://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap.

Well, you just need the OSD action. So something like:

<m>OSD</m>

That maps the m key to the OSD launch action. I don't really use kodi for music so can't test, but by just adding this to my keymap under <global>, quicknav now no longer appears when I press m anywhere and launches the OSD when in full screen video. So should work for you, in theory, for music/whatever else.

If you're unfamiliar with keymaps and how to set them up, send me a PM and I can help.
Partial fixes are in the next update - it doesn't resolve the problem completely but it does remove the QuickNav from the music OSD. You should find it much more helpful.

v3.44.20 has just been submitted to the repository - it contains a long list of changes, including a new home screen layout.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Thumbs Up 
(2015-01-25, 17:05)Piers Wrote: Partial fixes are in the next update - it doesn't resolve the problem completely but it does remove the QuickNav from the music OSD. You should find it much more helpful.

v3.44.20 has just been submitted to the repository - it contains a long list of changes, including a new home screen layout.

Sorry, I was away for more than a week with fun in the snow Big Grin and didn't use KODI at all during that time.

I just updated to v3.44.41 after I came back yesterday and pressing 'M' in 'Music' now has the consistent 'toggle' behaviour. So, thanks for that. There's no QuickNav at all anymore, so did anyone use it at all?

I also like other updates, so thumbs up Laugh
Please edit the first post and change to Solved
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu label highlighting, random lyrics, QuickNav0