MyGica 1800 e vs Minix Neo x8-H plus
Trying to decide what system is best between MyGica 1800 e vs Minix Neo x8-H plus. These are the 2 that seem to be at the top of my list for that price (around $180 Canadian). I want to be able to stream from online movie sites. Easily update to newest Kodi versions and lastly be able to access all my network content (Synology DS213+) as well as use airplay, I think both easily do. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

This will be my first media box and I'm tech savvy but primary users are my parents so it has to be really easy to navigate.

Thank you
I have a MyGica 380 and Minix Neo x8-H (not plus) a few less bells &whistles then the models that you are eyeing. You won't be disappointed with the performance of either of them. I can access my Freenas Samba shares no problem. As for "easy to navigate", it's not a cable box, it's an android computer. The less addons you use, the simpler it would be to navigate. Both those boxes come with Kodi preloaded, however there are no addons so you have to load & configure everything you may want to use. Out of the box, Kodi does very little.

The best thing would be to install Kodi on your PC and play around with it a bit. Keep in mind that this site does not have addons that allow you to stream movies from online movie sites other than legal subscription services. You would have to look elsewhere for that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyGica 1800 e vs Minix Neo x8-H plus0