KODI on Windows or Lunix ?
Question 
Hello guys ,
I'm planning to make some HTPC to run KODI on it , the question is where it works the best on Lunix or Windows in your opinion ?
- I ask you guys because I have tried running it on couple machines with couple different operating systems and it act different of what I expected it to act.
*for example*
*I have my raspberry pi running it perfectly , but when I try it on my macbook air 2013 i7 8gb ram it lag sometimes,
same Internet connection and everything. *

So my HTPC is going to be something like 4gb ram , probably i3 and 60gb SSD .
What operating system you think I should run on it for best performance of KODI ?
HuhHuhHuh
Normally the software should behave the same way. It depends more on what you are plan to run on this htpc. Are you in need of any drm related services? If yes...take windows. Do you want to use any other software than Kodi on your htpc? Then take Kodibuntu. You want to use Kodi in set-top-box feeling? So take Openelec.

Each OS has its pros and cons. Openelec is a read-only system. Means, you cant install any other software on it, except you build it yourself (if you know how). But therefor it boots fast, works very good and nearly everything works ootb. If you are a non-linuxer and dont need drm stuff, this would be the best way to go.

Kodibuntu (Kodi with ubuntu as the underlying OS) is very similar to Openelec...but its more flexible in changing things and installing other software, as it is a 'normal' Ubuntu.

On both system you cant use any drm related services. That would be a reason for windows. The only reason in my opinion.

Never used or tested Kodi on a mac.

Hope this helps a bit.
Helped me a lot Mr.David , read-only system should work the best I guess , I can make a second partition anyways if ill want to run windows sometime.

Thank you !

P.S. By the way , what about stability of application is there any difference between OS ? A mean crashes frequency ? Any information about it or own experience ? {I know it depends on many factors, just want to hear your opinion again}
Openelec probably crashes least.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I used Openelec and now I use a minimal ubuntu with kodi installed. I never have had any system crashes. Most crashes are related to some strange addons, which I dont use. So I'm very happy with linux as the OS.

I have a test installation on my windows desktop pc as well and kodi runs fine. But I dont need a windows based pc in my living room. So I use this only for testing and comparing things (changes in skin, databases and comparing issues if they come up).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI on Windows or Lunix ?0