Classic TV
I have been trying to access old television shows, like One day at a time, Welcome back Kotter, etc etc... When I try on the top channels it shows a season and dvd or whatever front and even lets me pick a season and episode - then nothing? - Wouldn't it be nice if they referred you to a channel that dose?
Forum rules (wiki) & banned add-ons (wiki)
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
These shows must be beyond copyright rules?

Sorry - Just read the rules - My Bad

All of you stop downloading tv shows from the 50's - Even though actors didn't get residuals until the late 80's - the 3 networks at the time still need your $$
You don't have to like the law to be obliged to follow it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
We don't even care if you follow the law or not. We just don't want people to discuss the how and where for breaking the law on this specific website :)
(2015-01-24, 03:48)bbc1234 Wrote: These shows must be beyond copyright rules?

Sorry - Just read the rules - My Bad

All of you stop downloading tv shows from the 50's - Even though actors didn't get residuals until the late 80's - the 3 networks at the time still need your $$

The minimum copyright expiry time for any nation that has signed the Berne Convention (Basically all but a handful of nations) is fifty years after the creators death. (It's the company owner's death in the case of works owned by a corporation) So no, copyright has NOT expired for those shows.

BTW, it's 75 years in United States. Though it's worth noting that one nation only need to respect it's own copyright laws even in regard to works from other nations. So here in Canada, where's it's 50 years, every Disney production from before 1966 becomes public domain NEXT YEAR, because Walt Disney died in 1966. Even though they will still be VERY much copyrighted in the United States still.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Classic TV0