Win JumpSMS Unwanted Characters
Setting up Harmony One, USB UIRT, and EventGhost. Using the keymap listed here.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Use_T9-text...or_remotes

When I go to search it works but I also get random commas and periods in between my letters. I can punch the same physical number and it will give me all three letters but like I say I randomly also get commas and periods when pressing any physical number buttons. EventGhost? I learned the remote from across the room if that matters.
I've been using this keymap the last few days with a different device that just shows up as a keyboard, and it's been working fine, so I would assume maybe something weird is happening with Event Ghost.

However, that keymap should only be needed if your remote is seen as a keyboard. If it's seen as an MCE remote then the default keymap will include those same functions.
I think because of the UIRT USB IR receiver it's seen as a keyboard. I am using the MCE Keyboard profile in the Harmony One software and the XBMC2 plugin in EG. If I try to test in a blank notepad doc I get no input so I assume the XBMC2 plugin in EG is filtering and sending via HTTP to Kodi only. Pretty new to EG so trying to find ways to test outside of Kodi.
Sometimes a night of sleep is all you need to get a little luck on your side. I reprogrammed the number 1 key in EG and that fixed everything. I noticed the incoming code was different than what I had in the 1 slot on the right pane in EG so I updated it. For whatever reason it seems that the first code I used for physical number 1 was being triggered by all the other buttons too. Some command they all share I assume. Anyway, works great now! lol For others searching I am using the MCE Keyboard profile in the Harmony and I removed my keymap file leaving the keymap folder blank. The number one key inputs all of those special characters so that tipped me off too. Thanks for the ideas Ned!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JumpSMS Unwanted Characters0