[Solved] Kodi Crash Ubuntu/Mint TVheadend PVR
Hello
On my Linux Mint machine, Kodi(v14) crashes after about 5 min of watching TV with the TVHeadend PVR addon and backend.
The backend is a RaspberryPi with Arch Linux on it. The TVHeadend version is from git 3.9.2413~gdcdef42.

Crashlog: link

Debug Log: link

An older Crashlog: link

I assume its an issue in the PVR addon, because same thing happens when I use RaspberryPi with OpeneELEC v5 as backend.

The version of the PVR addon is 1.9.39 from the repository (followed this for installation). If I understand the Post link
correctly, there should be a more recent version out there. Maybe this will help. Can someone point me to the source of the addon?
I seem not to be able to find it.
Until Isengard is released you can manually install the appropriate ZIP file from http://stalin.negge.fi/files/pvr.tvh/, that will definitely solve those crashes.
Thanks for the help. In case anybody else is having the same problem:
To install the updated version of the tvheadend-pvr one has to first remove the old version on the system. The version numbers are confusing here. The pvr addon in the Ubuntu repository has the version number 1.9.39 the version provided by negge has the number 0.9.8. So to say the update has a smaller version number. As a result, one can not simply install the 0.9.8 version but must first remove the 1.9.39 version. If you followed this link for setting up your system, This can not be done from within Kodi but must be done via the system. Open a terminal and execute:
Code:
sudo apt-get remove  kodi-pvr-tvheadend-hts
Now you can open Kodi and install version 0.9.8 with.
System->Settings->Add-ons->install from zip file
The addons are for the same backend but they're not the same addon, that's why they have different version numbers. When the next version of Kodi is released there will be only one addon again.
My operating system is OE 5.0.0. In settngs → addons, I uninstalled 1.9.39. I also tried to remove the pvr.hts files from the addon directories with the other pvr files.

rm -rf /usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.hts, and same for xbmc directory. I get a message that the files are read only and can't be removed.

Is there some other way to use negge's zip without removing the hts files?
You don't have to uninstall anything, it's enough to just disable "tvheadend htsp client" and configure and enable "tvheadend client" instead.
Thanks negge

I played with it today and it seems to crash and buffer less than before but still not girlfriend ready. Can you look at one of my logs to see if you spot anything? OneDrive txt file of log. http://1drv.ms/1HTBTrm
It seems it cannot contact tvheadend. Make sure your credentials are correct and that you have configured everything correctly etc.
Thanks for your guidance,

I notice credentials show up in the web GUI under "Access Entries" and "CAs". CAs mentions a card and I don't use one. The Access Entries' help menu says no ID and password required and I never entered one. However in my thousands of google's, I remember one guy saying blank won't work. I notice your PVR has a place for ID and password and I left that blank. I used the default IP address 127.0.0.1 in your PVR config, that I believe the/a help menu said it should work if I don't use credentials. However I have also tried my IP address. What am I missing?

Regarding configuring everything correct, that is only known the moment it works. I have Googled nobody using QAM and Tvheadend posting their successful configuration, therefore I have been left no option but brute force, making a changes and rebooting all day. Any suggestions on which configurations to focus on would be appreciated.
Update:

The Tvheadend crashing had nothing to do with the software or configurations. Never the less TVH is not workable on the HDhomerun Prime tuner as explained by Jasonl on the HDHR site and he suggested a couple of alternatives and I chose Mythtv and now it works. Apparently HDHR does not tune by dvbhdhomerun but by libhdhomerun therefore sooner or not much later TVH must crash and freeze. https://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewto...56&t=16338
Is there a Mac OS X version for http://stalin.negge.fi/files/pvr.tvh/ ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] Kodi Crash Ubuntu/Mint TVheadend PVR0