Win Kodi will not recognize some RAR files
(2018-02-24, 13:47)jjd-uk Wrote: So is it only files from this university portal that you’re having problems with? how large are these files? as it could be that the only way this will be solved is if we have a sample to work with. Note - haven’t had chance to look at log to see if there’s anything useful in it.
 Yes, so far I have no other Movies in rar format. But I have experimented a bit and came to the following solution:
If I go to the Movie folder and press around 64 times "Update library" finally the rar file appears and I can play the video.
On my raspberry pi I had to press around 128 times "Update library". Strange but it works
Perhaps have more patience. Unraring files to see what is inside takes time.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2018-02-25, 04:31)nickr Wrote: Perhaps have more patience. Unraring files to see what is inside takes time.
Kodi doesn‘t unrar anything, he‘s clever enough to open and list the content instantly. Otherwise I would get an out-of-memory error when kodi would unrar the 6GB Movie on my 8GB microSD card (raspberry Pi).

Update:
Today kodi recognized that there is a .rar file after I have updated my Movies library around 80 times.
And on my raspberry pi I had no luck and gave up after 500 times. Thats so frustrating.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi will not recognize some RAR files0