Prevent channel switch while timeshifting
Hi,

currently I'm using Mediaportal for watching TV but I really like the recent development made in the last XBMC and todays Kodi releases.

TV is working great, there is just one thing I struggle with: When I switch channels with up/down the channel is always changes. This also happens when I switch back to the channel I am currently watching. Therefore when I accidently press the up/down key and timeshift is active I have no chance to prevent loss of the timeshift buffer.

Is there any way I can either get a confirmation dialog when switching channels while timeshifting and not "live" or require e.g. Enter to be pressed upon channel switch with up/down (like when I enter a channel number)?

Cheers!
Good idea. I have a list on my head of general improvements regarding the user interface related to recordings and timeshifting, I'll add this to it.
Thats great, thank you. Please let me know if you need any help e.g. for testing.
(2015-01-24, 23:07)negge Wrote: Good idea. I have a list on my head of general improvements regarding the user interface related to recordings and timeshifting, I'll add this to it.

But please make it optional via settings!
It would be absolutely gorgeous to be able to switch away from a time-shifted channel (basically paused) and keep the timeshift buffer filling up to the limits configured in the backend. When switching back to the buffered channel you find yourself back at the point you paused. Not sure if the client/server setup for Kodi supporting multiple backends will allow that at all, and it will depend on availability of tuners etc.
That's not possible with the current architecture, and most people have just one tuner anyway.
Yeah, I guess I'm spoiled with 6 tuners Wink
Lol, nice.
Well I guess with at least two tuners that should be possible, but maybe hard to realize with the different backends... A nice first step would be a warning if timeshift is not live -/+ 1 sec before switching channels Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Prevent channel switch while timeshifting0