Android Video End Time - How Is It Calculated?
Question 
Hi, I hope somebody can help me as I cant figure this one out.
Got a FireTV rooted and running Kodi 14.0 and using the Eminence skin.

Iv got a USB drive with all my media on it, Everything is setup as I like it but when being played back three of my videos do not have a runtime listed. ie it says 0 minutes,
As such the skin does not populate a correct end time.

Each file has its own .nfo file with the appropriate <runtime></runtime> tag, All the other info is presented correctly and all my content is organized the same way. It is only these three files that have the problem.

Can anyone confirm how Kodi / the skin calculates the above, Does it pull the info from the .nfo or the video file itself.

To make matters more strange if I try the same drive and skin on my PC Kodi installation the 3 files present themselves as they should.

I have tried clearing / reimporting my library various times with no luck.
Its not a huge issue but I would like to find out why it is happening. Can anyone advise?

Many Thanks, Craig
It updates that data (and other "stream details") every time the file is played, which overwrites the nfo file. There might be something weird with the files where it makes it hard for Kodi to properly identify how long the video is.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. So it pulls the info straight from the file?
Do you know if there is a reason why my PC installation would detect the runtime correct but my FireTV not?

Is there anything at all I can do to correct it?
Off hand, I'm not sure. A debug log (wiki) from the Fire TV when you play the video might give us some hints, though.
No problem, Here is a debug log, If you could take a look just whenever you get a chance that would be great.
Yeah, the video file seems kind of messed up. Lots of errors fly up when it plays.
Ok, do you know why my PC Kodi installation would calculate correctly but my FireTV not?
Or do you perhaps know of a way to fix the file?

I appreciate you taking the time to reply Smile
Has me stumped, but I'm not a dev :)
No worries, As I said thanks for taking the time to help.

If anyone else has any idea I would appreciate any further help.
Ned - you're not a dev?!?! I just saw it says wiki guy, but you're all over the place on here, I assumed you WERE a dev!! haha

Craig - not entirely sure why it would happen, but depending on the video type and the codecs being used, it could be that the PC is a bit more forgiving than the AFTV is... PCs tend to have higher specs/be more powerful, and therefore more capable of moving past errors a bit better than these STBs. If you want, you could post debug log of the same video being played on your PC with Kodi and someone could compare?
(2015-01-25, 23:44)drumst1x Wrote: Craig - not entirely sure why it would happen, but depending on the video type and the codecs being used, it could be that the PC is a bit more forgiving than the AFTV is... PCs tend to have higher specs/be more powerful, and therefore more capable of moving past errors a bit better than these STBs. If you want, you could post debug log of the same video being played on your PC with Kodi and someone could compare?

Thanks for the reply, Sure I have attached to this post a new log of the same file being played back on my PC Kodi installation for comparison:

FireTV Log / PC Log

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video End Time - How Is It Calculated?0