OS X Resolution on Retina Macbook Pro
I realized that Kodi runs at the "apparent" resolution of 1440x900 (900p), but the true resolution of the rMBP is 2880x1800 (1800p). At 900p, everything looks pixellated (naturally), and at 1800p, it scales the whole operating system causing all other screens to be unscaled (everything looks extremely small).

This means Kodi is not a retina application yet (it does not scale everything to 2x so that it looks takes the same space as 900p, but remains as sharp as 1800p). I understand this may be in development, so I'm being patient and settling for it now; I can manually change it in the System settings to 1800p.

However, my issue is that every time I switch the app from fullscreen to windowed (usually, by accident by pressing the "\" key), it resets the resolution to 900p, so I have to navigate back to Settings > System and change it back to 1800p.

Is there a way to keep it at 1800p persistently?
the support or retina is bad - mostly because i don't have a retina mac to get it proper. It might work once i have my rewrite of the windowing system ready - no eta for that - still a lot of work has to be done
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I understand. So there is no way to force Kodi to remain at a specified resolution rather than reset it to the default every time the application goes from windowed to fullscreen?
the resolution is remembered just fine for all macs i have - i can only guess that this all is connected to the retina thingy...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Just checking in, any improvements on the horizon? Is memphiz having a retina screen at his disposal? Are there new macOS devs involved?

I'm still facing these issues to this date.
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resolution on Retina Macbook Pro0