Recommend SMB 3.0.23b Is Commited to CVS
Our current CVS implementation of samba does not support for the 80211.I WPA2-PSK AES standard.

The patch for samba 3.0.23b fixes this issue and I found the general robustness of such a compile to be good over samba. I need to do more in depth testing for any nastys like memory leakage but on the face of it it looks robust.

Recommend it is put into CVS. And thanks for the patch, will keep the draft N wifi technology users having a useful and secure windows share capability within xbmc.
you haven't stumbled on any troubles with it? i assume you are running the one on my site right? then i think it's about time to put it in so it get's some testing before 2.0.

for anybody wanting to try in the team here is a link to a compiled lib.
http://ecce.se/pub/libsmb.rar
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Howdy Elupus. Something else is going wrong - uncertain of factors involved - very well could be non xbmc related. Doing more testing. Reboot of winxp sp2 resolved problem of no server connection again (on the same patched build).

MS have a hotfix pre SP3 for XP on samba (but according to MS should not be relevant to this smb version):

http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...-us;896725
Quote:Our current CVS implementation of samba does not support for the 80211.I WPA2-PSK AES standard.
Is there some incompatibility where Samba doesnt work over an WPA2-PSK-AES encrypted wireless connection??
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Believe so, or atleast with the broadcom chipset based netgear implementation of the specification
that is implemented on a different layer than samba. samba changes shouldn't really be able to have any affect on that.

On IRC I reported the network later within the OSI model is ok - it was the app layer that is not. Curious I know but I do suspect an app layer bug.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommend SMB 3.0.23b Is Commited to CVS0