Episode duration not in database
I've been trying to create a smart playlist with episodes longer than 20min, but it doesn't work regardless of which time format I use on either playlist config screen or file. Debugging a bit, I found out that the db query is correct but episodes.c09 is zero for half of my files.

Is there a way to force a recalculation? I'm running Kodi 14.0, on a fresh library I've redone after upgrading from 13 where this playlist used to work for the same files.
In my experience, Kodi doesn't look at the header info of a file when scraping or updating library. So it's ignorant to playback length, resolution, audio format, ect initially. It's not till you 'look' an episode in the library that it parses that information out. For example, if I add an entire season of a TV show to my library, it's not until I go and look at that season in the library do I see Kodi slowly add up the playback time for that season as it reads in the headers and stores them in the DB.

I use a smart playlist to show me ALL the episodes on my library, I use this to see how many hours I have left to watch in my backlog, when I first set this up I watched it run for 5-10mins as it attempted to parse the headers of thousands of files and the total playback time climbed till it'd read them all. (Only 700hrs left in watched. ...Ohgawd. @_@)

Anyway, so maybe try 'looking' at all the episodes in one giant smart playlist so as Kodi reads the header info?
It doesn't seem to be the case. This playlist is for one specific series, I've watched most episodes already and none of them has duration set.

The weird thing is, it does bring an accurate total duration... No idea where it's coming from though, debug only shows one query when I open the playlist and it doesn't bring that total.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Episode duration not in database0